ATP with Mars Shaft

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello folks, recently asked if anyone was using the Mars Shaft on their ATP with a Nel Coil.

Since I could not find anyone I went on and ordered one for my son, but I was not in country to get the package and decided to just let him have it early for his Birthday.

Just talked to him on the phone and he tells me it does NOT fit the Nel Coils, he says that it is off by a good 2 millimeters.

Now as soon as I get home I will have a look at it but for now it seem that it does not work. I will keep you all updated.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never put a NEL on the stock shaft but have on my straight shaft with a Whites lower shaft. The Whites shaft is smaller then Garretts. The fix was just an extra rubber washer. Hopefully you need to go bigger for a easy fix.

OP
OP
Oddjob

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I never put a NEL on the stock shaft but have on my straight shaft with a Whites lower shaft. The Whites shaft is smaller then Garretts. The fix was just an extra rubber washer. Hopefully you need to go bigger for a easy fix.

Yeah I hope it is something that simple; I have not got to see it first hand yet, but when I get back up to Germany I will have a look. He loves his ATP, it is his first machine since he has been out on his own. When he turned 12 we let him pick out his machine so he could go run his own hunts alone, he really wanted the CTX 3030 but said it weighed too much for him. Then after a couple weeks he said he would save up and buy his own and by then he would be strong enough.

Now the little turkey thinks he will beat my 3030 this year with his ATP, and the only way that would happen is because he gets out daily, where I only get out about 5 times a week. But I hunt more areas where tourist tend to get drunk and leave stuff behind all over Europe, and during the school wee he is limited to around the city we live in, but so far he has done pretty good.

When I asked him why he wanted the Mars shaft he said because it looks cool and has a picatinny rail. I was like what, just go to the basement and the gun parts drawer and grab you any rail you want and I will mount it for you. He said yeah but it still would not look cool. LOL I remember that age.

I do hope it is an easy fix or just something he is over looking.

OP
OP
Oddjob

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
My son said he sorted it out, that he just called the place I ordered it from and explained to them what the issue was and they walked him through the steps.

Turns out my 12 year old son is completely normal, and like most his age he did not read the instructions. Still I how the heck can you have so much trouble, even at 12.

But he says it is great, balance is perfect and that he has mounted his Go Pro on the factory picatinny rail.

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My son said he sorted it out, that he just called the place I ordered it from and explained to them what the issue was and they walked him through the steps.

Turns out my 12 year old son is completely normal, and like most his age he did not read the instructions. Still I how the heck can you have so much trouble, even at 12.

But he says it is great, balance is perfect and that he has mounted his Go Pro on the factory picatinny rail.

I had the same problem at first, but fixed it by using one of the supplied rubber washers that was made for another detector and was slightly thicker, that did the trick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread