A couple new coils for the AT Pro

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I got a couple more tools to add to the AT pro detecting arsenal.

This is what I got in the mail today.

IMG_6153.JPG

Thanks to Red and Chug, I got a great deal on a used Garrett Sniper coil, and from a Forum Supporting Vendor I picked up a new NEL Sharpshooter.

Only had about a hour to spend with the Sharpshooter and so far so good. No great treasures yet, all clad so far. It seems to have pretty good depth and pin points dead on.

Hopefully after tomorrows hunt, I will have something worthy of posting here.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info on a couple of different coils for the ATP & please keep us posted on their results.

Texas ED

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I did a little better today. No silver coins but I was lucky enough to swing the sharpshooter over this fat sterling mans ring.

At first I thought it was a screw cap on edge, was not deep at all.

IMG_6155.JPG IMG_6154.JPG

Tomorrow I will see how the sharpshooter likes water.

Last edited:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cant wait to see how the Little Guy Works for you, Sweet Silver Chug Let us now on the NEL Sharp shooter Coil Its Looks Interesting!!! Is it ADD Coil And how much Smaller than The Stock Coil On he AT Pro Chug

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cant wait to see how the Little Guy Works for you, Sweet Silver Chug Let us now on the NEL Sharp shooter Coil Its Looks Interesting!!! Is it A DD Coil And how much Smaller than The Stock Coil On he AT Pro Chug

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant wait to see how the Little Guy Works for you, Sweet Silver Chug Let us now on the NEL Sharp shooter Coil Its Looks Interesting!!! Is it A DD Coil And how much Smaller than The Stock Coil On he AT Pro Chug

Thanks, the NEL Sharpshooter is 9.5" long and 5.5" wide The stock is 11" long x 8.5" wide, so the NEL is almost as long but 3" thinner...hopefully will separate targets better.

Haven't had the need yet to use the sniper, but when I do I will let you know how it does.

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, here is the shallow water update.

This may not look like much, but my hunting buddy was limited to 1 memorial cent so I feel the coil did well.

We worked the shoreline of a local lake that I have pounded in the past.

I really am liking this coil the more I use it.

I am having good luck finding good targets in the middle of tons of junk.

Now when I hear just a hint of a good tone while sweeping at normal speed, I slow down and center it and then while barely flicking my wrist, I get good repeatable tones in the middle of junk.

2 Wheaties and a silver Washington quarter plus some newer coins. Doesn't sound like much, but not bad for this lake.

This weekend should be a good test on how it does. I will be going out with a pal who has a stock coil on his AT pro and another who uses a F5 with the factory coil.

IMG_6160.JPG

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am starting to really like this coil. My buddy was using a AT pro w/ larger stock coil and we dug about the same amount of clad but only the sharpshooter found silver.

IMG_6162.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread