Calvert Co Md / Atlantic NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800.Garrett AT Pro,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Garrett Ace 250
Deteknix X pointer
Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stepped up to an AT PRO

Good morning The machine came in Sat., I ran it in my front yard where I have practiced with my other two machines,, and wouldn't ya know it I found a penny and a childs ring over looked by both of the others. This am I went to a park after a busy sports weekend and I was fooled by two repeatable 90/91 signals they were both about 4" down and are pcs, of the jungle gym pipe fittings, I ran the machine in Pro zero with a 35 in the Iron disc, just wondering why it rang a solid 90/91 signal... I doubt they are silver?

Thanks Bo

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats, hope you have lots of fun and find lots of great items.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your new ATP Bo sounds like you are off to a good start - might consider putting in a coin & trash garden for practice anyway wish you many great finds while out dirt fishing with it.

Texas ED

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You often gt a 90-91 signal from play ground equipment. After you learn your Atp you will recognize it as the equipment and not a target. If you have a real target close to the equipment you will know it's from your tone. Garrett says about 100 hours to learn the ATP but I say 200 hours to get good with it. I went out this morning with my ATP because my other Detector needs to be sent in for repairs and I plucked $5.35 in clad.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I second what Normsel wrote.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
big deep iron will ring like that too. you will get used to it and you will get to know the tones. I will give you a tip sometimes when a target is deep it will give a pop like sound in the head phones dig it! also when you get those faint whispers tones on deep targets forget the vdi and dig it! I ran mine with 0 discrim and listened to everything but im a relic hunter and the noise I can take. you should only use as much discrim as needed you can knock targets out if you use to much. happy hunting wait till you run it over a silver coin what a sweet sound.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread