Ha! New Garrett ACE 400i Does Water...................

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Headed out to a lake today to do some hunting with the Garrett ACE 400i. Got lots of coins.It really hits hard on coins. The hunt brought back memories of several folks water proofing their ACE 250's and hitting the surf. I used a smaller coil as the edge of the water is usually quite trashy.

Short Video - https://youtu.be/8npfSWLvnlI

water 1 smaller.jpg

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, what mode did you hunt in and what was your sensitivity setting. I just got the US version of the Ace 400 (no i), and want to try it out on some beaches this summer. No freshwater swimming areas around, mostly ocean, bay and river spots here on Maryland's Eastern Shore. All I have done so far is put it together, started it up and made sure it actually could find metal (Yay, I found a beer can buried about three inches down). I decided that I couldn't afford an AT-Pro, so hoping this is a reasonable substitute. My 350 was a fun machine, but I never had much luck at the beach. :)

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm thinking John was hunting a fresh water beach.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
So, what mode did you hunt in and what was your sensitivity setting. I just got the US version of the Ace 400 (no i), and want to try it out on some beaches this summer. No freshwater swimming areas around, mostly ocean, bay and river spots here on Maryland's Eastern Shore. All I have done so far is put it together, started it up and made sure it actually could find metal (Yay, I found a beer can buried about three inches down). I decided that I couldn't afford an AT-Pro, so hoping this is a reasonable substitute. My 350 was a fun machine, but I never had much luck at the beach. :)

I made my own mode. I notched out just about everything except 50's and low 80's to 90's, a couple of notches below full sensitivity. You can see me actually removing notches at the beginning of the video. I hunted in a fresh water lake. This machine is so sensitive, that running the sensitivity at full id not always an option. It was falsing too much in he water, so I cut back a couple of notches to make it run more stable.

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. My 350 was falsing on a river beach, but the water is more saline (We actually saw a shark and the beach is 10 miles from the Bay and over 100 miles from the ocean). I'll dial back on the sensitivity. Do I infer it from your post that the 400 is more sensitive than the 350? :thumbsup:

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Thanks. My 350 was falsing on a river beach, but the water is more saline (We actually saw a shark and the beach is 10 miles from the Bay and over 100 miles from the ocean). I'll dial back on the sensitivity. Do I infer it from your post that the 400 is more sensitive than the 350? :thumbsup:

It is more sensitive then the ACE 250....I don't have a 350.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread