Sea Hunter MK11 Advice

Brit888

Jan 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an almost brand new sea hunter and have used it around 6 or 7 times.

Last time out I had the occasional false signal and noticed when it had detected a target it went quiet for a few seconds before coming back on.

So today I changed the batteries and tried an air test which was nothing to shout about as before a previous air test gave amazing results.

So I lifted the coil and pointed it at the sky and after a few seconds I got the false signal again. Repeated this and it kept happening. I checked for loose conections and got a tone change on the coil/lead connection when pushing side to side gently.

Something is telling me that there may be a problem with this machine. Can any other Sea Hunter owners advise please.

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe contact Garrett support.

OP
OP
B

Brit888

Jan 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree but I just wanted a bit of feedback from other users/owners before I made a fool of myself.

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree but I just wanted a bit of feedback from other users/owners before I made a fool of myself.

Bah you wont be making a fool of yourself. They most likely will point you in the right direction to run through some tests and try to determine if it needs sent in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread