Garrett Ace 400 - Abandoned School Hunt and First Impressions (video)

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like to give a thank you to TNET forum member bowwinkles for loaning me his brand new Ace 400 to use for a week. He was so kind he even sent the return shipping $$. Ridiculous!

Spent 3 hours with it yesterday and pulled tons of clad and trash. Like all detectors it has some pros and cons I will go over in an upcoming "review" video. Also going to pit it up against the Land Ranger Pro in another video. Stay tuned for those vids if interested. Been a fun couple days air testing and toying with it. Thank you again bowwinkles.

if embed does not work click here ---> https://youtu.be/e9iEJfDwnXghttps://youtu.be/e9iEJfDwnXg

N5XTR

Mar 5, 2016
SW Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
MX Sport
Land Ranger Pro
ProPointerAT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really looking forward to the comparison video. I am considering this ace 400 for my son. Unfortunately I missed out on a giveaway by my local Garrett dealer.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great video HunterGT. Thanks for not making us listen to the bell tone on every find.:laughing7:

Looking forward to the comparison with the LRP in your difficult soil.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Great video! You can readily see how the ACE 400 is specifically designed for US coins. Below is a pic of the differences between the ACE 400i vs. the ACE 400 (US Version)

difference.jpg

You can see the expanded iron range on the International version over the ACE 400 US version.

ace 300 ace 400 stats.jpg

And the differences between the ACE 300 vs. the ACE 400.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great VID, thanks--------looking forward to comparison.:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:
Marvin

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great video. The 400 seems to ID like the atpro. Pull tabs, bottle caps and slivers of aluminum come up dimes a lot. Nickels a solid 52 but also at 52 are small shell casings and the oops end of a pencil. Looking forward to the comparison videos. Thank you for taking the time.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really looking forward to the comparison video. I am considering this ace 400 for my son. Unfortunately I missed out on a giveaway by my local Garrett dealer.

I'd love to have one for free. I enjoyed the 3 hour hunt with it and looking forward to taking it out to the park tomorrow. Should have the comparison video up Tuesday.

Great video HunterGT. Thanks for not making us listen to the bell tone on every find.:laughing7:

Looking forward to the comparison with the LRP in your difficult soil.

Thanks man. At first the tone did not bother me - but I did deal with quite a few ghose/phantom type signals and it got annoying fast. Sensitivity was down a bar and I know it was not EMI. Not sure if the fixed BG was having a hard time with my awesome soil or what. Tomorrow's hunt will let me know more. Plan on being out 6-7 hours tomorrow.

Great video! You can readily see how the ACE 400 is specifically designed for US coins. Below is a pic of the differences between the ACE 400i vs. the ACE 400 (US Version)

View attachment 1309605

You can see the expanded iron range on the International version over the ACE 400 US version.

View attachment 1309606

And the differences between the ACE 300 vs. the ACE 400.

Thank you. I would not care for the international version. The iron range on this one goes to 33 according to the manual...if I remember right. That is plenty high IMO.

Great VID, thanks--------looking forward to comparison.:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:
Marvin

Thanks GA. Comparison coming on Tuesday...feature and rundown review on Monday. Windy day today set me back 24 hours.

Great video. The 400 seems to ID like the atpro. Pull tabs, bottle caps and slivers of aluminum come up dimes a lot. Nickels a solid 52 but also at 52 are small shell casings and the oops end of a pencil. Looking forward to the comparison videos. Thank you for taking the time.

Thanks..my pleasure. I found a single nickel off camera...I want to say it was 40's...but cannot remember. I will know more tomorrow. I plan a long park hunt and will try every mode for 1-2 hours each.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mothers Day and the weather made the day shorter than expected. Videos running behind a day or so...as always! :) Taking it out again tomorrow and Tuesday to make up for it.

soopacee

Apr 27, 2008
Pottsville, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Nel Tornando,
Garrett Carrot PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to have one for free. I enjoyed the 3 hour hunt with it and looking forward to taking it out to the park tomorrow. Should have the comparison video up Tuesday.

Thanks man. At first the tone did not bother me - but I did deal with quite a few ghose/phantom type signals and it got annoying fast. Sensitivity was down a bar and I know it was not EMI. Not sure if the fixed BG was having a hard time with my awesome soil or what. Tomorrow's hunt will let me know more. Plan on being out 6-7 hours tomorrow.

Thank you. I would not care for the international version. The iron range on this one goes to 33 according to the manual...if I remember right. That is plenty high IMO.

Thanks GA. Comparison coming on Tuesday...feature and rundown review on Monday. Windy day today set me back 24 hours.

Thanks..my pleasure. I found a single nickel off camera...I want to say it was 40's...but cannot remember. I will know more tomorrow. I plan a long park hunt and will try every mode for 1-2 hours each.

I dont know if your of facebook....but im in a group that raffles off detectors and related items.....got my 400 for $40 (bought 2 spots) and got a garrett carrot for $14 (2 spots aswell)......still cant win an at pro though haha

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am on Facebook....TheHunterGT and a personal page. PM me the info :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions