Using My Pulse Induction Detector Put Some Life Back Into This Dead Lake!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
baby 1.jpg

As is the usual case, a lake was hunted to death last fall, and this past long week end was all rained out, with snowfall warnings in some places. So.......nobody swam! I hunted it with my AT Pro last fall and got a couple of dismal coins. Today I took out my PI detector and fared a lot better. I dug up several coins and snagged an earring. I also did a little clean up (good PR) and removed a bunch of beer cans, nails and other junk. What's good about using a PI detector is that the coil picks up targets before the coil is actually over a target. So, essentially, my 10" x 12" search coil is actually like a 14" x 16" coil. Bonus! What was really weird today, was that I dug absolutely no bottle caps? And PI detectors love them. The usual bobby pins (give a double beep) and some pull tabs were picked up, but no bottle caps.My guess is that a recent storm somehow washed them out due to their density into some deeper water, out of my reach. Hopefully, the water will warm up and people will soon start heading to the beach.

Snapshot 1 (2016-05-24 10-00 PM).jpg

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
John Edmonton great score with the Garrett PI machine & congrats. Thank you for your pictures & post - I have read quite a few - anyway wish you many more great finds.

Texas ED
S/East Texas Gulf Coast

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread