Garrett ACE 300i (International Version) Got 2 Rings Today (#12 + #13 This Year)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
vic 1.jpg

Lucked out today with the Garrett ACE 300i (International version). Lots of coins and bling. The steel ring read 41 on the VDI and the grad ring at 91. Most of the targets in the 70's are pull-tabs, and all the better targets are in the 80's and 90's. That 18 x 25cm (7" x 10") coil is just the right size. It gets good depth, yet has great separation capabilities.

vic 3.jpg

I always pinpoint off the front inner toe. It's so fast and very accurate. Below is a link on how to do it.

Last edited:

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds.great video.i have the 400 & i am haveing a hard time learning to pp with it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez John, save some for the rest of us:laughing7:. i tried to explain how to pinpoint off the front and its better with a video.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I had selected the 300 instead of the 4oo. I have now logged many hours on the 400 and I will say that the only thing I have found that works well on the 400 is the battery level indicator. I run it now as a basic detector without the discrimination, iron feature and sensitivity has to be set very low. Good to medium soil only if targets are over 4 inches deep. Interference of any type seems to bother it and the so called freq. adj. has no effect. Target ID is shaky even on shallow targets. The 300 has the small coil and is less money and none of the so called frills that are marginal at best.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I wish I had selected the 300 instead of the 4oo. I have now logged many hours on the 400 and I will say that the only thing I have found that works well on the 400 is the battery level indicator. I run it now as a basic detector without the discrimination, iron feature and sensitivity has to be set very low. Good to medium soil only if targets are over 4 inches deep. Interference of any type seems to bother it and the so called freq. adj. has no effect. Target ID is shaky even on shallow targets. The 300 has the small coil and is less money and none of the so called frills that are marginal at best.

I don't really miss the iron audio. The smaller coil is bonus, as I have never been a fan of large coils, unless it is on a PI machine, where I dig all targets. The ACE machines are perfect of coin/ring hunting in places on land where people have a high probability of losing these items. I actually prefer hunting these areas with the ACE then with the AT Pro, where I need that extra depth and ability to still ID a target at a greater depth.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Geez John, save some for the rest of us:laughing7:. i tried to explain how to pinpoint off the front and its better with a video.

It's pretty hard to explain that process for sure....especially to someone new to the hobby and really doesn't know what you are talking about anyways.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would use my Pro all the time if I could hear it. The 400 is loud enough for noisy areas. I do not like head phones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread