Nel Coils Are Available For The Ace

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
GARRETT ???

garrett-at-pro-vs-garrett-ace-250-10.jpg

Pretty scary, hugh?

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
That coil pictured on the Ace is a Mars MD Goliath coil.

Probably best to use shoes with no metal in them at all, otherwise,you would be bent over, walking like a hunch back to keep the edge of the coil away from your feet..

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After using a Neil Storm on a AT Pro for a little while now I can honestly say I am in love with my AT Pro all over again. The extra sensitivity is amazing. It doesn't like power lines I have learned the hard way though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usinadi

Mar 9, 2015
Stilwell, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350; Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an Garrett AT Gold and was thinking about getting a Nel coil for it. Do they really help finding the deeper coins. I have the 5X8 coil and I know the bigger coil will not do as well with separation but I was just wondering if the Nel coils were worth investing in. Thanks!

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have an Garrett AT Gold and was thinking about getting a Nel coil for it. Do they really help finding the deeper coins. I have the 5X8 coil and I know the bigger coil will not do as well with separation but I was just wondering if the Nel coils were worth investing in. Thanks!

After using the AT Pro with the Stock DD coil YES I can see a big diffence in depth and sensitivity to targets as well as power lines :) It will chatter next to power lines or any other EMF thats around like a strong WiFi signal.
But I have pulled more coins and relics in areas I thought where dug out using the stock coil. If I had the $ I would go for the "15x15" Neil to add to my coil choices thats how much I am liking this Neil Storm. Also if you swing slow it can pick out small things in a bunch of iron. I found a 1913 Candian silver dime the other day in a hole packed with nails and iron that coin is very small!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nel coils are worth the money for the at pro. I used the 12x13 and the 15x15 I liked the tornado better the 15 was a little to much but it would hit deep targets. the tornado will hit a dime at 9 to 91/2 inchs im yard. I sold my pro and went to a deus but I bought my son in law a pro with a tornado coil a month or so ago. solid machine btw I saw some testing on youtube with the ace and the aftermarket coils and they didnt help that machine with depth much .

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions