New to MD, first time out with Ace 350.

Jul 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided to take my son to his school playground for a little while today so he could be entertained while I was testing out the new machine. Not sure why I didn't think he would find what I was doing interesting, but he did, which is cool. I was walking around the school yard getting familiar with the sounds, trying to figure out what's a false positive, regulating my pace, and so on. I was pretty surprised, I actually found 4 pieces of clad and a can tab. Sure, it's only $0.46, but I think I got the fever. It was pretty exciting, and my son thought it was pretty cool too.

File_000 (2).jpeg

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to take my detector to tot lots all the time when my daughter was a kid, she loved to help me hunt. Get a pinpointer if you don't have one, you can generally locate the target with the detector and let the kid find it with the pinpointer, they just glow when they find things like that.
I'd occasionally discreetly plant rings and $ coins for her to find, kinda felt like a rat for doing that but it was worth it to see her reaction. One day she found a 1972 Kennedy half on her own, you would have thought she found a golden goblet. Didn't last though, she joined the USMC right out of high school and far as I know, detecting is a distant memory for her, but it was fun while it lasted.

OP
OP
B
Jul 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to take my detector to tot lots all the time when my daughter was a kid, she loved to help me hunt. Get a pinpointer if you don't have one, you can generally locate the target with the detector and let the kid find it with the pinpointer, they just glow when they find things like that.
I'd occasionally discreetly plant rings and $ coins for her to find, kinda felt like a rat for doing that but it was worth it to see her reaction. One day she found a 1972 Kennedy half on her own, you would have thought she found a golden goblet. Didn't last though, she joined the USMC right out of high school and far as I know, detecting is a distant memory for her, but it was fun while it lasted.

I'll take what I can get. He'll be 8 this fall, and if I get 10 years, that right fine by me! My 15 year old daughter thinks I'm nuts!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detecting is the most fun you can have with your close on.:thumbsup:

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its nice getting out and spending time with loved ones. HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread