Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett AT PRO w/ 5x8" coil
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I ordered my new Garrett AT PRO and the Grey Ghost Amphibian headphones, the Grarrett Carrot ( pro pointer) . Plus I went ahead and ordered the 5x8 coil for searching in trashy areas. I've been watching lots of folks on YouTube like Aquachigger and nugetnoggin and I really wanted a machine to take into the water without worry. I already have a Tesoro Lobo Super Traq but she ain't water proof. I just need to find some waterways that are legal for detecting.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make sure you use plenty of silicone grease before you go in the water

OP
OP
100acre

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lube up the speaker and coil connection, make sure the O-ring has a good coating of lube. I also have lubed the face plate gasket but you need to take your AT Pro apart for that not recommended for the faint of heart :)

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't put lube anywhere but a very light amount on the Orings on the coil, headphones, and battery compartment. Cramming it into the faceplate is going to attract sand and cause premature failure. Just keep the Orings and oring seats clean and you'll be fine.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your ATP and accessories buy - there have been many great treasures found with the ATP and it will serve you well. I agree with Fletch88 on what to lube with the silicone grease - anyway Garrett stands by their warranty & I wish you many great finds while out water detecting.

Texas ED

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on your new machine! Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
100acre

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of bummed. When I ordered everything I was told it would all come together but the GG Amphibians headphones weren't in the package, so I called the dealer and he said they're on back order and he was gonna call the warehouse. I then called the company Detector Pro and they said no that they're not on back order. What to do?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of bummed. When I ordered everything I was told it would all come together but the GG Amphibians headphones weren't in the package, so I called the dealer and he said they're on back order and he was gonna call the warehouse. I then called the company Detector Pro and they said no that they're not on back order. What to do?

Can you get your money back if you paid for the GG's already? There ante numerous dealers, eBay, and Amazon all have them in stock.
I have 2 ATPro's and 2 sets of GGA's and have no problem screwing the connector together. They are just slightly tighter than stock ones but not much.

Stevesgold

Mar 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I still consider myself a bit of a newbee to this hobby. 2 years of hunting now. I started with the Teknetics 4000 D. 3 months later moved up to the Fisher F44. Total nightmare. Found a couple good finds but mostly trash unless it was 4 inches or less. Water hunting was my best results. Anyway, I switched to the Garrett AT Pro. OMG... I found more coins and silver in 2 hours of hunting than I did in a week with the Fisher F44. I am not sure what I was doing wrong with the Fisher or if I am just not that good at this hobby. But my uncle who has been MD for 40 years always believed in Fisher and to this day has a Fisher CZ something. So that was my reason for going with Fisher. However, I was very discouraged when I would find maybe 5 - 10 good items out of say 20 thought to be good hits and these guys are pulling out coins and good quality finds 3 fold over me. I am sure it has to do with knowing your machine. My uncle knows his machine well. My son got his Garrett Ace350 the same time I got my Fisher. So maybe it is me. But I really believe since I have changed over to the Garrett AT Pro I hear and understand hits better than I did with the Fisher and get deeper targets. I got a 42 dime at 6 inches the same area I hunted a few months back with my fisher F44. I sent it back to Fisher for service and they replaced the control box and coil. Pretty much the same response. So I am sold on the Garrett AT Pro. If I really start to get good and have finds like I see from some of these folks I may just put in a grand or so in a Minelab. At this point I feel I need to learn more. I love water MD over any type. I was in Muskegun Michigan on Lake Michigan and hunted with no issues in 5ft of water. So nice to just let the machine go and dig your find. I am not sure why the comment of silicone grease. Both my son and I went in the water out of the box. The O-Rings are pre-lubricated at least they look like it. Ours had no issues. Happy Hunting all.

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a great set up with the ATP, 5x8 and GGA's. That is my go to set up with my ATP! You will love it! HH!

OP
OP
100acre

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a great set up with the ATP, 5x8 and GGA's. That is my go to set up with my ATP! You will love it! HH!
I figured out what to order after lurking in the shadows and reading so many threads, that and watching nuggetnoggin and aquachigger on YouTube.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread