vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
While you are waiting for a member(s) to pipe in - take a look at...

Whatever you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

OP
OP
100acre

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett AT PRO w/ 5x8" coil
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The At Pro has a more expanded range for gold and should be better for prospecting. I have the Pro and use it for coin and jewelry. Funny found 8 gold rings in the last 2 years and 5 other gold jewelry pieces.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The At Pro has a more expanded range for gold and should be better for prospecting. I have the Pro and use it for coin and jewelry. Funny found 8 gold rings in the last 2 years and 5 other gold jewelry pieces.

Actually the AT Gold is designed for prospecting not the Pro.

For general purpose coin, relic and jewelry hunting the AT Pro is the one you want. If you live near areas with naturally occurring gold then the AT Gold may be a better option. The Gold has a background threshold but will not ground balance in saltwater.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the AT Gold for coin fishing and prospecting. Works great for both.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had both and prefer the at gold over the pro. It hits hard on old copper coins and does great on silver also. I love the true all metal mode. I may have to buy another because I sure miss my at gold. I have the xp deus and love it but catch myself wanting to use the at gold also. Good luck on your choice if your deciding which one to buy.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the xp deus and love it but catch myself wanting to use the at gold also.

That's very interesting. Please elaborate. What do you feel the ATG gives you that the XP doesn't?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both Garrett's and love both but the AT Gold is my favorite of the two just because of its true all metal mode. It is a very overlooked and under estimated machine.....Very deep in all metal and handles bad, mineralized soils as good or better than most machines. In disc mode the depths are very similar on the two machines. I still like my AT pro for coin hunting in yards and parks.....but the AT gold is the winner on Relics. In bad soils, like mine, the Gold is going to give you a better ID at depth than the Deus. I'm not saying it is a "better" machine than the Deus, but it is much cheaper and waterproof. The Deus is a great machine and its recovery speed is second to none. But as for the AT machines, if you hunt yards and parks for coins....get the PRO. If you hunt relics....get the GOLD. If you hunt everything, like me, get them both!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can take the at gold in the river and not have to worry and in deeper water without buying an antenna for the XP dues. The gold is a great detector and is not mentioned much. It can do alot and deeper than the at pro. As soon as I started hunting with the gold I started finding large and half cents the at pro missed in a field I had pounded. Not saying the pro wouldn't find them but the gold blew my ears off on them. It found alot of old silver also. The deus does everything great just isn't one I'm willing to take river hunting.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to do it as soon as I get around to making my antenna.
7d21abb22573b0806599ba3b39311656.jpg
c34572d1560616264fa611419b59a1a6.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread