Here's A Video of Steve Moore Of Garrett Digging a One Dollar Gold Coin

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Attachments

• gold coin.jpg
    gold coin.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 210

Cuervo

Aug 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been detecting for 35 plus-minus years and have yet to find a gold coin. I have found an 18K gold ring minus diamonds and 1/3 to 1/2 carrat diamond ears studs. Maybe not too many gold coins in Ontario? I have a Garrett Euro ACE 350. My first DD coil. I don't like it too much because it goes too deep and it is hard for me to pinpoint. I do not run sensitivity more than 3 or 4. I am used to using concentric coils. Does this make me eccentric?

CaballoDeOro

Jun 29, 2012
Southwest MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a great video. Nice to see the guys in a genuine setting, just enjoying being out with good friends.

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To have a chance at a gold coin, you need to make sure your discrimination is low. I have heard that a $5 gold piece is the same as 3 nickels taped together. I was detecting right next to a friend of mine when he got his gold coin amid signals that sounded very trashy. I won't mention his brand in this forum, but he had a concentric coil back in 1989. It was a $1 gold piece just like the one Steve found. I can tell you, though, that my 400, like what Steve is using will make .22 bullets sound nice and loud, so I am sure a gold piece does too. I picked up a cuff button the other day that was smaller than the gold piece, too. The 400 is not a Pro, but it's a very good detector for land hunting. Since getting mine, I have turned up a lot of coins and buttons, including a 1776 Irish coin, an ACW artillery coat button, and various sizes of musket balls.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions