04jeep

May 29, 2016
ATWATER, CA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT PRO,
Whites MXT TRACKER E-SERIES
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, ladies and gents that use the at pro. I've heard people say that some gold will be in the penny range, so here's my question. A lot of pennies have a two tone to them and a mid to high tone. Will a piece of gold have the two tone or a solid tone? Also, will the tone be mid to high since the vdi is the same or will it be low tone? Thanks to all that reply.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Assuming you only have one target under the coil, your sound can be anything. If it beeps, dig. Not all ATP's behave the same.

Last edited:

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Assuming you only have one target under the coil, your sound can be anything. If it beeps, dig. Not all ATP's behave the same.

That's my experience so far. My most sought after targets are 1 & 2 Euro coins and I've found them at 56, 65, 70, 72, 78 and low eigthies. Everything that gives good clear signals I dig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread