QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so today was my best day ever detecting. Honestly I don't have a ton of hours under my belt with any detector but I have probably been out more with this detector than my Fisher 1235-x and that I bought new.

Any way I've really been struggling with this PI and the trashy sites I have to hunt locally the big coil is difficult to pinpoint with, I do have a 8" on order. I have found more trash, and only 1 loonie and 1 dime but today was different. The local city beach is so trashy, and its heavily hunted but all sorts of detectors, I get there around 9.30 this morning and start off where I left off 2 weeks ago, I'm about 2 hours in when I am getting to edge of my run and hit a spot slightly deeper in the water. It seemed like everywhere I swung the detector it was going crazy, and just the normal sounds really weird sounds. The water is also murky so now that I'm in maybe 2 feet of water I no longer can see the coil so I just scooping, couple scoops later I get a really cool marble, it must have been the source of the weird sounds, well guess what my scoop holes are so big it falls out the bottom before I can grab it.

Now I'm just obsessed getting this marble back so swinging all over the whole area seemed like a huge hot spot, get another loud signal, and scoop, I can't believe when I look in the basket, its a RING!!!! Yup I said it, a RING, I'm speechless, I wanted to yell over to this couple sitting and watching, look what I got. It quickly goes in my pocket. I go back to finding the marble but there were just too many signals and the water was to murky, but I did manage a dime from the 90's. lol

There are no marking like 925 on it and it only weighs 4 grams.
20160828_120154_resized.png

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
That sure looks silver, and I hope it is for you.

The picture doesn't show on your post, but for everyone here, if you click on the link you'll see the very nice ring and his Garrett :)

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah when I go edit the picture is there, weird. How do I tell its silver?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your Water Ring! I hope they keep coming for you! :occasion14: :skullflag:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah when I go edit the picture is there, weird. How do I tell its silver?

I picked up a test kit from Azon, and use the 18kt bottle to test all my silver, turns a very pretty blue when it is silver.

It is important in testing a rubbing scratch of the object on the test stone to smear it over the top, versus putting a drop of the solution on the rub.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Hope that the Infinium blesses you with many more rings.:occasion14:

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story! Congratulations on the ring and marble.

I'm going back this weekend for that marble! But I need to put some mesh or something in my scoop, I want that darn marble. Thanks

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I have showed everyone at work , hahaah. I put the ring in bleach, its supposed to turn silver black, dunno. Anyway it stayed completely the same. I don't really care actually, its a RING!!!!!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NO I scooped up the ring trying to re-find the marble that fell out of my scoop. lol

Gotcha. I got confused, thought you had a metal marble when I read this:

"The water is also murky so now that I'm in maybe 2 feet of water I no longer can see the coil so I just scooping, couple scoops later I get a really cool marble, it must have been the source of the weird sounds, well guess what my scoop holes are so big it falls out the bottom before I can grab it."

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Installed the 8" coil tonight, I have tomorrow off so heading back to that beach.

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i'm hoping some of you expert jewelry testers can help me out. So my testing kit arrived today and these were the results.

Silver - no reaction
10K - no reaction
14K - no reaction
18K - no reaction
22K - dissolved line
Platinum - dissolved line

Is it 22K white gold? or about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread