What A Fantastic Hunt! Got A Gold Ring AND A Gold Chain!..... And Some Fine Jerky!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
m5_zpsowgvgf4k.jpg~original

Got up early to pull the meat out of the smoker and do the final process of drying some of it. It tasted freak'n delicious, with a nice cold beer. A nice reward after another great hunt in November.

m1_zps219es7rs.jpg~original

I tried my darnedest to try and squeeze one more ring for this year. The high for this coming Thursday is forecast to to be -5°C. Not good! Those kind of temperatures will kill my dirt hunting for the year.

m6_zpslpanu5xq.jpg~original

Here is the gold for the day! I pulled a small piece of braided chain out of the ground with my screwdriver, then carefully dug a plug around it prevent damaging it. When I finally got it safely removed from the clup of dirt, I discovered a ring on the chain. Looks like a bracelet with a wedding ring on it. It was like "WOW"......a gold ring and a gold chain In the same hole. :)

m.jpg

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing find! congrats!
Great looking jerky too...yum!

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep that up John and that car your determined to get from digging will come quick.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet gold! :occasion14:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brrrrr.... that's getting chilly. I can't imagine what you would find in a year if you were in a warmer climate!

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very great find, good work John:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread