garret at pro modes work

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would rather have sound control and a back light than standard mode.

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do i need to set different options (ground balance etc) on different ground types (saltwater, river, mountain, rock ground etc) or not?
Yes you should, Or at list check ground balance to make sure it's set right.

OP
OP
S

stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How to set ground balance?

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do i need to set different options (ground balance etc) on different ground types (saltwater, river, mountain, rock ground etc) or not?
A question?

Did you buy your AT Pro used without a book or the DVD that comes with it? If so, As said before the best learning tool there is, Is You Tube.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somewhere back in this thread it was asked, "why dig 50's it's junk?'. I dig 50's because gold comes up in the same range as nickels and pull tabs.

I dig a lot of pull tabs, but that's so I don't miss gold.

As far as ground balancing goes. I ground balance at every new site I visit.

I pick a clean spot and ground balance it there, if there is a target underneath my coil I will dig it up and start again.

True story.......I went to a local park last year and did my usual ground balance. As I said there was crap under the coil (it was a trashy area) so I figured it was easier to clean the trash than it was to find a clear spot.

I dug two items in the same hole, 1 bottle cap and 1 x 14k gold ring.

As far as salt water goes. Garrett has a hard time doing a proper ground balance with salt water and the AT Pro, so you will have to mix and match your machine to the area you are in.

Good luck.

OP
OP
S

stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somewhere back in this thread it was asked, "why dig 50's it's junk?'. I dig 50's because gold comes up in the same range as nickels and pull tabs.

I dig a lot of pull tabs, but that's so I don't miss gold.

As far as ground balancing goes. I ground balance at every new site I visit.

I pick a clean spot and ground balance it there, if there is a target underneath my coil I will dig it up and start again.

True story.......I went to a local park last year and did my usual ground balance. As I said there was crap under the coil (it was a trashy area) so I figured it was easier to clean the trash than it was to find a clear spot.

I dug two items in the same hole, 1 bottle cap and 1 x 14k gold ring.

As far as salt water goes. Garrett has a hard time doing a proper ground balance with salt water and the AT Pro, so you will have to mix and match your machine to the area you are in.

Good luck.

But sound is be different?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread