AT Pro 2.

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the idea of a backlight, but I'd have to wait and see the details of the wireless tech before I get too excited. Would it include a wireless headset? If not, what type of headsets would work? So many questions…

I'm also wondering how much of a price increase it will get. If the price difference is more than the price of the z-link system, I'd just get that instead to use with the ATP, as a backlight isn't that big of a deal for me (if it's so dark outside that a backlight is needed, chances are I'm already using another source of light just to see what I'm doing anyway).

We'll see, though; I'm certainly excited about it, regardless. Wonder when more details will start coming out for it…

Charlesp54

Oct 31, 2012
Hernando Ms / Memphis Tn
Detector(s) used
ATPro, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Propointer, 11" DD Coil, 5" DD Coil, 8" Concentric Coil, BH Tracker 4, Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My thoughts are that it should drive the price of the original ATP down so that someone who has been wanting one but couldn't afford it will be more able to get one.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My thoughts are that it should drive the price of the original ATP down so that someone who has been wanting one but couldn't afford it will be more able to get one.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I'm thinking and expecting will happen as well. So for me, personally, it all depends on what other features or improvements it will have. Because there's no way wireless and a backlight will be all.

Hopefully it comes out at the beginning of spring; right now, I can't make a purchase for the ATP just yet. But if when I'm finally able to the new model still hasn't come out yet, it'll be difficult waiting that much longer until it does (assuming it has enough going for it that entices me, that is). I'm so impatient!

I'm hoping for multifrequency and easier cable connecters.

I can certainly see a change in the connectors, but unless they're NOT going to also be updating the Gold model, I don't see them doing multifrequency. I think it will consists of a lot of little changes here and there (backlight, wire connections, harness mounts, things like that), with the wireless tech being the focal point of the upgrade.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dont know what the name of the new unit will be but I was told today by a Garrett dealer that there is in fact a new Garrett coming out this spring and that it would have back light and built in wireless.

Might run into the same legal issue now facing Deus, with Minelab apparently having a lock on stored data wireless transmission.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/deus/527188-minelab-sues-deus.html

If its just a matter of simply sending a real time beep to the headphones, then probably not.

Wil

Jan 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spoke with Garrett, There is no new AT Pro 2 coming out, the new unit will replace the GTI 2500

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Then what is all this talk about... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485708977.478672.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485708988.992379.jpg

Wil

Jan 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I was told by Garrett there is no atp2.. and it makes no to tell people that there is.. think about it. Their going to say a new atp coming out and halt the sale of their best seller? All the speculation came when people heard wireless.... which is the z link.. I don't know anything about the video you posted. Just what I was told

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I sure hope they don't come out with a new ATP 2 . If they do I will be in deep do do with the queen.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Interested to see what the price is. They don't want to make it to much, or they might shoot themselves in the foot with Zlink. Backlit no big deal to me.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree it would need to be in the $600 range I think. Any higher and it would be getting in the Deus light range.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let me chime in here about price range, there is no way it's going to come in under $750 they need to recover R&D costs and such the good thing is they have been in business for a long time and that will help with their out of pocket. Just look at the cost of the AT ProPointer it was more than the original PP. Also the wireless system they have is going for $145 so lets say its a AT Pro with upgrade I would think it's going to be around $100 more than the original AT Pro. I hope they make me look like a fool and come in at $650 or less I just can't see it. Forget about the XP Dues for now I'm going off prices of other Garrett machines out now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread