Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't received my zlynk yet; should be here on Friday. However; I read somewhere on here that someone did what you are talking about. They said it works fine for them.

If you don't get a definitive answer by Friday afternoon.. I'll post some photos of the receiver on my headphones.

I'm thinking it won't be a problem; I was considering doing the same thing.

Danny.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Question// is the receiver light enough to attach it to the headphone bow ? after cutting down the headphone cord to 6 " or so ??? Perry

Yes it is small and light.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty excited about this..

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486764880.457882.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486764896.259656.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486764908.405373.jpg

Bob207

Jul 4, 2014
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool beans! You got it pretty quick :) Look forward to a field test review. Probably 2 months before I can get out....if spring comes early.

Last edited:

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes sir.. super fast.

I'm headed out this weekend somewhere for sure.. even if it's only to test it out. A buddy of mine is going to do some prospecting this weekend possibly on private property. So, I'll be going with him to do some swinging...

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Question// is the receiver light enough to attach it to the headphone bow ? after cutting down the headphone cord to 6 " or so ??? Perry

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486786440.804057.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486786454.203318.jpg

The weight is marginal.... I think you will be happy with the purchase.

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a question about the Z-Link system that maybe someone can answer. I just spent $150.00 for submersible headphones for my AT-Pro, I have not found anywhere that states that the Z-Link can be submerge or am I missing something? In order to use on the AT I have to purchase an adapter that coverts the screw in jack with "O"-Ring seal to a standard jack, also the charging cable has a standard USB connector for charging, is water not going get into the unit and short the circuit out via the jack and the USB ports?. It looks like a great thing to have but why would you design a housing with special jacks that prevent water from getting into the unit why not use standard jacks, sure make plugging in the coil and head phones a heck of a lot easier.

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The wireless system cannot be submerged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if the z link was waterproof it wouldn't work (fully submersing). The water disrupts the wireless signal. Using the xp Deus as an example, the waterproof kit requires running a cable from the wireless coil to the remote (control box), and wired (waterproof) headphones are required to connect to the remote.

Last edited:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it, but I have no idea where I would mount it on an E-Trac.

Edit - I think I figured it out. I have a Herke Cuff on my E-Trac and could just mount it on the side of the stand.

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So the good news is I got my Z-LYNK wireless kit, excited to get out without being tethered to my ATPro...
I did get the 2 prong adapter needed to attach to the transmitter... got them synced and charging, ready for tomorrow.....

OOPS! Guess what?

They won't work with the stock headphones, due to the 2prong jack exclusive to the AT brands....

I'll have to wait, 2 day shipping on new headphones with the 1/4 inch jack....I chose the Garrett Mastersound Headphones, and after reading reviews and research, I can only imagine what I've been missing. The stock headphones, while capable and comfortable, seem to be limited in identifying deep whispers and discerning between different targets. While I do have the grey ghost amphibians, for those rare water hunts....I never really thought, or cared too much to spend more time into researching the styles in the market, figured they were all about the same.

I need to figure out what to do with the cord from the new headphones to the receiver.... should I coil it up tight and use a zip tie?...or run it down through my shirt?... gotta figure out what will be most comfy...

Comments and suggestions welcome....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread