Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Wireless scares me. It's been proven that all our wireless devices cause cancer. I know pretty much everything isn't good for you anymore and causes cancer but I'm definitely not going to be strapping a wireless head set on for 6-8 hours and end up with a brain tumour 10yrs from now. My cell phone is plenty amount of cancer causing device for me.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Wireless scares me. It's been proven that all our wireless devices cause cancer. I know pretty much everything isn't good for you anymore and causes cancer but I'm definitely not going to be strapping a wireless head set on for 6-8 hours and end up with a brain tumour 10yrs from now. My cell phone is plenty amount of cancer causing device for me.

Only the headset gets attached to your head. The receiver is either on your belt or inside/outside pocket. If you ever hunt in thick woods for relics, you will really appreciate going wireless.

wireless a.jpg

OP
OP
P

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting Irishgoldhound
I didnot know of this
Please send me the info you read concerning these wireless devices causing cancer.
thank you

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
The receiver waves are still processed through to the headphone set. Ok also now you have a wireless system mounted to your hip. No thanks. No better in my opinion.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Patriot. You can read info regarding this all over the internet on your "wireless" device. Some people are going back to wired computers and getting rid of their WI-FI home connections also do to headaches and interfering with sleep and other related issues. I'm not trying to bash Garrett for there new product. I'm just posting awareness of products that are more and more around us that are now known to cause health issues. Look at the increase in cancer this day in age. We all know that the sun causes cancer so we put on sun screen. Same reason an ex ray tech will leave the room when a test is being done, because it causes radiation so to protect from that radiation. Now with all these devices that we surround ourselves with there is nothing to protect us from wireless frequency radiation other than limiting or not using at all. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485539160.122771.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485539185.970257.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485539199.203308.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485539213.093803.jpg

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
If you all feel safe strapping a wireless box to your hip all day go right ahead, me? I want to have my kidneys for a while.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
There are sources all over that have evidence and studies that positively link wireless usage to health issues and cancer. If you want to believe it doesn't, that's fine I believe it does.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
oh boy here we go! The bottom line is technology has not been around long enough to know the true long-term health risks. we are all test subjects these days

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I received my Z-Link Friday from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies and tried it out yesterday on my F75DST. I have been digging since 1977 and have 7 detectors currently with every coil imaginable. The build quality is great. I could not tell any lag at all. NONE... You can install it is less than 1 minute. I want to use it on each of my machines and I love my Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones. The receiving module has volume control too. This is going to be a game changer. Great job Garrett.

Gary from Oregon

OP
OP
P

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do a lot of detecting in the woods, , I am so tired of the cord getting caught on limbs ect
I am with you

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amused- we have countless waves going through us all day long that you can't avoid if you wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhittle

Jun 7, 2016
Vancouver WA
Detector(s) used
◄ Minelab CTX 3030
◄ XP Deus
◄ Minelab Equinox 800
◄ Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the Z-Link for my father in-law from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies and he loves it, it was easy to use just charge and turn on he tried them out on a 4 hour hunt and after was surprised that a simple thing as not being connected to the detector made a big difference in enjoying his hunt, as he was free to put down and move around when retrieving targets with out having to fuss with wires. he is sold on it and wishes he had it to start with, and this is from someone who is resistant to change and hates technology

Bob207

Jul 4, 2014
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my z-lynk a week ago and while not having used it in the field yet I have air tested it in the house. So nice to not be tethered to my AT Pro. Being over 6 foot tall I cant set the machine on ground and stand up straight without it yanking on my headphones. I bought an adapter for a couple bucks so I can use my earbuds too. Nothing worse on an August 100 degree day than slimy ears from headphones. This will definitely make detecting this year much more comfortable and enjoyable! HH in 2017 :wav:

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why are all the Zlynks on back order?! What up Garrett??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread