4.5 crossfire II coil depth

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious what kind of depth you get with it? I've been playing with it all morning and hardly get more than about 4" in depth.. Running a 1350 in all metal mode.. Tried adjusting the sensitivity from about 7- max... Did some air tests (I know, not the same)at 9.5 sens. it hits at 6" barely and 5 3/4" for a solid hit and money bell tone.. Any higher does not make a difference..(maybe to smaller targets) Just wondering what everyone gets..
Ray

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your tests are about right. Lots depends on the type ground you are over too. The little crossfire is sensitive to small targets. If your ground is of higher minerization, you'll get deeper with less sensitivity than more due to the coil seeing more ground. A coin near the max depth for the coil may not sound the circuits off due to the minerials.

The biggest advantage of the small coil is being able to get near metal fences, posts and in brush or tree roots, some thing you can't do with a larger coil.

OP
OP
cosmic

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Sandman, thats what I figured.. Mineralization isn't bad as I can run my detectors with high sens. without a lot of falseing.. I do believe someone asking about depth and sensitivity.. All the testing I've done suggest after a certain point no more depth is achieved, just sensitivity to smaller object is enhanced.
Guess I'll use it for trashed areas for clad and recently lost items as the older stuff is from 4 -9 inched deep in my soil conditions..
Thanks again,
Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread