Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett seahunter mk2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone point me in the right direction in coil choice
I would love to make this ace 300 really perform
I think the 6.5x9 is letting it down.
I'm a beginner and All I detect is coins.
Has anyone tried a nel thunder or can anyone recommend another brand and model
I would like more depth as well as good targer separation as I am sometimes hunting in heaps of trash not 100% sure what size is best
Thanks heaps
Sam

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My thought is that you should change both your coil and detector. I did and have never looked back.

OP
OP
C

Cherza

Feb 11, 2017
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett seahunter mk2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply
What did you replace it with and what was the difference
Sam

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LRP with a small coil. It has ground balance, a discrimination that is not in blocks of numbers, a adult length shaft and arm cuff to handle all coils, and a price that is lower than the Garrett

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
My thought is that you should change both your coil and detector. I did and have never looked back.

Really poor ethics......a First Texas Dealer hijacking other brand specific forums to get a sale. It says a lot about you and a desperate first texas products company.:icon_thumleft:

if-ethics-are-poor-at-the-top-that-behavior-is-copied-down-through-the-organization-robert-noyce.jpg

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately you cant get amazing separation in trash and amazing depth at the same time. If you could it would be stuck to the end of everyone's machines. Its good to have a couple coils depending on what area your looking in and what your looking for. If your hunting in heaps of trash try a small DD coil if they make it for your machine.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really poor ethics......a First Texas Dealer hijacking other brand specific forums to get a sale. It says a lot about you and a desperate first texas products company.:icon_thumleft:

View attachment 1413824

Mr. John, I am not a dealer nor will ever be a dealer. I am just a user who had the misfortune of choosing a product that I felt, did not live up to its advertising hype. I have logged many hours on the Garrett's and when someone asks a fellow forum member for an opinion and gets a very educated and honest opinion from that person there should be nothing wrong with that. Please understand that I do also have other Garrett detectors and have been an avid supporter of the AT pro for years. Open mouth insert foot.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with bowinkles buy another detector the at pro would be better than tying up more money in a ace . I have seen videos on youtube and the coils didn't help the depth on the ace series from what I saw. I used the at pro (solid machine) and did well with it and then upgraded .I still use garrett pointers and the z link system on one of my detectors.. I will have a look at there new machine coming out and see what its about.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I disagree with this approach. I agree with John here Cherza, look at a super sniper or the 5x8 DD, if you are a begginer or intermediate like I am then don't look any further then what you have with the 300i, I personaly and definitely would not go with the AT Pro here. You already have a good go to detector here, if you are going to step up later then wait for the AT PRO later for sure or if you feel you want to sell your 300i it is your choice.. or even look at some other competitor detectors out there which I won't list if you want to send me a personal chat I can point you into some good choices as I am not going to like John said hijack any other competitors out there.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Mr. John, I am not a dealer nor will ever be a dealer. I am just a user who had the misfortune of choosing a product that I felt, did not live up to its advertising hype. I have logged many hours on the Garrett's and when someone asks a fellow forum member for an opinion and gets a very educated and honest opinion from that person there should be nothing wrong with that. Please understand that I do also have other Garrett detectors and have been an avid supporter of the AT pro for years. Open mouth insert foot.

Right!?????????? Buy ? thehuntergt.com

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Last year I corresponded with the hunter and sent him a couple of my detectors, one of which was a Garrett 400 with two coils. We were analyzing the harsh Colorado soil compared to the soil in this area. Once finished the two machines were returned to me. Mr. John, I am beginning to believe that if BS was asphalt then sir you would be a 4 lane highway with this sudden display of accusations and miss information.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Last year I corresponded with the hunter and sent him a couple of my detectors, one of which was a Garrett 400 with two coils. We were analyzing the harsh Colorado soil compared to the soil in this area. Once finished the two machines were returned to me. Mr. John, I am beginning to believe that if BS was asphalt then sir you would be a 4 lane highway with this sudden display of accusations and miss information.

Buy ? thehuntergt.com

Better hush up while you are still ahead. Your lies are beginning to run into each other......

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh hello! A few points I would like to make...as I have zero idea why my name/website is being mentioned here by John Edmonton.

1. I am absolutely a Fisher/Tek dealer...not bowwinkles. I sure as hell don't apologize for that. Thanks for the free advertising - but I am not a vendor here so you are breaking forum rules by posting that link to my buy page. Again...thank you though. I appreciate all forms of advertising...even when it comes from negativity and assumptions.

2. Bowwinkles sent me an Ace 400 to review...also a F44. People send me stuff to review on my channel all the time. Loco-Digger sent me a XP Deus to review - does not mean him or I are affiliated with XP. They are friends - not business partners. You seem to not be able to grasp that clear line in the sand - but instead want to grasp at straws. So let me make it clear and spell it out for you....Bowwinkles has nothing to do with my website or my dealings with Fisher/Teknetics. He has ALWAYS stated how much he loves his AT Pro and felt the Ace 400 was a disappointment. (with good reason)

Hopefully that clears some assumptions up!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread