AT Pro 2: what do we know?

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
Time will tell. Things Ive read , posted online from detector dealers and forum sponsors clearly say a new AT detector ( not AT pro 2 ) is supposed to be released ......as it was put....." in early 2017 ".....not necessarily in spring or early spring , which where we are now. Seems legit , but I guess its very possible this was a very elaborate scam. But I do have to say ,.....anyone calling Garrett asking about an " AT pro 2 " is naturally going to be told they know nothing of it ,......if the detector exists its not an AT pro "2" .....its just another AT series detector. Maybe you aren't getting the right information because you are not asking the right question :)

Last edited:

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
After some consideration and plenty of internet searching , I am starting to lean toward the new Garrett model being a pretty convincing hoax. You would think something would have leaked by now , especially since Ive seen where a detector dealer posted that Garrett would release a little information on it in Janurary and it has yet to surface. I was fooled too just as many of you were , not that it was ever totally believed but it was accepted as a genuine possibility since there was some convincing talk about it. Ive remained optimistic for months but here it is April and it seems like some teaser info from Garrett or a leaked photo or something should be out there on the net , and it just isnt.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering the volume of sales that Garrett has, I'm sure the few that they be missing by "potential" buyers isn't going to kill them.

I would far sooner see them delay the release of a solid working product with no bugs (or minimal bugs), rather than rush to market a product that will be riddled with recalls.

I will admit that I was waiting to have a look at the new "AT Pro", but just jumped on the sale that Minelab is offering and bought a CTX 3030.

Having said that, if the new AT Pro is something kick ass, then I would consider picking one up.

You can never have enough good detectors. LOL....:icon_thumright:

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
Looking at this video , its hard to tell for sure but if the guy is holding the new detector , the control box looks a little bigger than the AT pro , but the shaft and coil look the same. I cant wait to find out.

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
After some consideration and plenty of internet searching , I am starting to lean toward the new Garrett model being a pretty convincing hoax. You would think something would have leaked by now , especially since Ive seen where a detector dealer posted that Garrett would release a little information on it in Janurary and it has yet to surface. I was fooled too just as many of you were , not that it was ever totally believed but it was accepted as a genuine possibility since there was some convincing talk about it. Ive remained optimistic for months but here it is April and it seems like some teaser info from Garrett or a leaked photo or something should be out there on the net , and it just isnt.

I have to eat my words after seeing this video. Thats ok I dont mind admitting I was wrong.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More depth? Sounds like ability to select lower frequency.

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Bandido II Umax,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a new AT to me. Or something in the same housing. Definitely the same style coil housing so I doubt it would be a new pulse VLF design.

newat.png

newat2.png

Last edited:

JASONSPAZ1

Oct 21, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
I have had them all but currently use a Makro Multi Kruzer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want Garrett to bring back the Master Hunter name. Perhaps in a Forrest green. I loved the handgrip of the cx series. Imagine the hand grip/meter setup of the cx blended with a common pole assembly. The Russian sorex detectors kinda look like this. OK I'm off track. It was said that the Master Hunter series was Mr. Garretts favorite.
What better way to honor Mr. Garrett by incorporating the name of his favorite machine in a new release.

OP
OP
Dwiniger

Dwiniger

Mar 12, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to infer to me that it is about GOLD and DRY conditions... they were purposeful to show a hiker type guy in the mountains...and still the external coil cable...

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well let's hope it isn't another ace series. They need to come out with something new for sure. The at series are getting long in the tooth. They are good detectors I've had both pro and gold but it's time to bring out something.

OP
OP
Dwiniger

Dwiniger

Mar 12, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen Kodiak!

Last edited:

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be better of getting Makro Racer 2 than the ATX or AT Pro 2 or whatever it's called.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread