F4, tesoro vaquero, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMHO you will love it! The AT Pro/Gold are my workhorse machines used in my Historical Relic Recovery service.

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my ATP! Even though I have an Etrac now I don't see myself ever getting rid of it. Good luck and enjoy!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been a Tesoro fan for years. But I wanted to get in the water too. So I picked up an ATPro, but had my doubts. My last Garrett was a GTI2500 and I was not pleased with it. But I've started using the ATP and I'm very impressed. The audio, well different than a Tesoro, is just as expressive. I got the 5x8 coil and I'm retracing a trashy old school yard I've worked with my Vaquero, Deleon and Compadre. I'm finding the separation with the tones to allow me to pick good targets from the trash. So far 2 silver coins and a silver ring in the last few days. Also running the Z Lynk wireless system which is worth every penny.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using my AT Pro for about 5 years now, and have made some great finds with it using the stock coil.

Now I'm thinking of either getting the 5x8 coil and the Z Lynk like Dan B did, or going whole hog and getting a CTX 3030?

For the money, you won't be disappointed with the AT Pro I can promise you that.

OP
OP
68kaiser

68kaiser

Feb 6, 2016
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan I hope for the same. I have a old school by my house. I cleared it with my F4 then the vaquero. I can't wait to see what the AT will find. Its a decent test in my eyes. I have pulled some merc's, old wheats, silver rings and a 1896 V from the school. Can't help but feel like a kid in a candy store when hitting it with a new detector. The real fun will begin this summer in the rivers and lakes around here.

OP
OP
68kaiser

68kaiser

Feb 6, 2016
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the pro. I like the build quality of the unit.. Only one problem with it. I plugged the headphones in and they didn't work. Audio still came from the main unit. Unplugged them and the small black part that plugs in was broke off in the unit. No big deal I will get another from the dealer at big valley metal detectors he is a good guy.
I am happy with the air test. Its very bit as deep as the vaquero.I took it out to the school I have pounded with my other detectors. Have to search for a target all are deep... I did find a 64 Washington! My first one... It was about 5" and hit hard as hell as it should. Also found a few pennys the other detectors missed. I love the AT PRO in pro zero.. Can't wait to get the headphones should help a lot.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tested and found the ATP to be as deep as the Vaquero in all metal. Switching to disc on the Vaquero and the advantage goes to the ATP.

OP
OP
68kaiser

68kaiser

Feb 6, 2016
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did some more air tests... I know they don't mean all that much. Soil is the factor but I get 12" on a quarter. 10" on a dime. And a mason jar lid with the ring I get around 2 1/2 feet.. Not to bad. I will do some detecting this week after work I can't wait

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a lot of fun w my at pro.

I just got my 5x8 coil after 2 years, and dig it.

The machine shouldn't take long to get used to. Pro mode. Zero. Iron discrim around 32

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread