AT Gold or GTI 2500

Darkstar91

Mar 31, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys i want buy a new metaldetector, but i can't decide between the AT gold and GTI 2500, anyone know witch metaldetector is the better macchine for gold searching and witch of this goes deeper for gold, i know it depends on the search coil but whitch of this two has more power and witch goes deeper for gold with the best search coil for that detector?

I have heard the 5x10 Scorcher DD is the best for the GT2500 for gold searching

and for the At gold is the standart search coil 5x8 PROformance DD the best for gold

the price of the gti 2500 is more expensive for this i think at the first thought is better but when i see that this detector is already released 2000 and now 17 years old i don't know witch i should then buy..really hard to decide

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Both machines have a true all metal mode, a real bonus! Both go very deep in this mode also. Both work extremely well using the sniper coil. Now, having said that, the AT Gold would be my recommendation. It is lighter and also water proof. It also has a range for ground balancing which you can set, to get maximum depth and not spending a lot of time ground balancing it during a hunt. Using the AT Gold for gold prospecting, I would suggest using the 5" x 8" DD or 4.5" sniper coil. Both will be very sensitive to those tiny, mighty nuggies.

Last edited:

Beezly

Mar 20, 2017
Finger Lakes, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold,
BH Land Ranger Pro,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Minelab Equinox 900,
Whites TRX,
Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Gold has a higher frequency if that helps. 18 kHz vs the the 2500's 7.2 kHz. The Gold is more modern, light and very fast recovery. I love mine. Excellent target separation.

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both, and both will work well on gold. The GTI-2500 should have either the 5x10" coil or 4.5" coil on it if you're going to use it for gold prospecting. The AT-Gold is my choice between the two for gold though, as it is waterproof, operates at a higher frequency, which is more sensitive to small gold nuggets, has a more sophisticated ground balancing ability, is lighter, and is designed specifically for the task.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread