It Doesn't Say In The Video That The Machine Shown Is Actually The New "Release?"

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
It Doesn't Say In The Video That The Machine Shown Is Actually The New "Release?"

It doesn't say that the one shown in the video clip is the same one being released? It could be just a stock clip of someone hunting with what appears to be a AT Series detector. th_thinking1.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpNVzO80FzU&feature=youtu.be

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or it could be a two-three kHz AT Pro 12kHz/14kHz/19kHz :coffee2:

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Or, a GTI 5000, ATXATPRO, ACE 500, the long awaited Garrett "Cazador" or totally new machine name/concept. :laughing7:

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett Cazador. I think Cazador is now the buzzword for promises unfulfilled.

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Bandido II Umax,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did some photo enhancing in hopes of getting a better look at the new machine we've all be waiting for.

meme.png

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
I did some photo enhancing in hopes of getting a better look at the new machine we've all be waiting for.

View attachment 1436710

Nice try! You went from an "S" rod to a straight rod in the last pic. So......which is right? Pick one, a,b,c or d.

4838cdf342b2876c520dfa84044747e9.jpg
A) AT Pro
B) Turkish look alike
C) Neither
D) Doesn't matter, detector shown is not the new release

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Bandido II Umax,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice try! You went from an "S" rod to a straight rod in the last pic. So......which is right? Pick one, a,b,c or d.

View attachment 1436713
A) AT Pro
B) Turkish look alike
C) Neither
D) Doesn't matter, detector shown is not the new release

In all seriousness I'm looking forward to seeing a new AT detector of any type. I've been wanting an AtPro for quite a while, but just cant justify owning one over other machines based solely on its water-proof capabilities. So something new and improved would be great, and will drive manufacturer competition which we all benefit from.

I'm thinking with the mountains type setting we may be looking at a new gold detector....

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It Doesn't Say In The Video That The Machine Shown Is Actually The New "Relea...

This will be just in time for my income tax returns. I was a late filer this year. I already chose another All Terrain machine, but I'm still open to something better. It's going to have to be pretty special though. Either way, I'm very exited to see what's coming and chomping at the bit to add some new gear.

Last edited:

JASONSPAZ1

Oct 21, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
I have had them all but currently use a Makro Multi Kruzer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
John is right.
I am sure Garrett is going to have fun with this release and I hope they do.
I love the teaser and build up. If the machine looks different than the traditional AT series then Garret knew that the AT in the video would cause speculation.
I think that is great.
What I would like to see and I have posted this in other forums, is for Garrett to use the Master Hunter name again.
The Master Hunter was supposed to be Mr.Garretts favorite series of machines.
I actually loved the meter that was slightly slanted as part the grip in the Master hunter CX series.
Either way the excitement is great.
Good for Garrett

HH
Jason

Gamma Joe

Jan 24, 2015
NE Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett GTI2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
- - -

Humble opinion here ...

The best idea Garrett could have right now (speaking as a GTI2500 user) ...

Bring out a detector with:

... Imaging, showing the target's size and depth,

... Numeric readout, actual numbers instead of segments,

and hopefully:

... Dual frequency to help on salt beaches,

... Lightweight. (Wow, that's a lot of batteries in the GTI2500.)

Maybe they'll still need a 3-element coil (one TX and two RX windings), which adds to the coil's cost. Also maybe they can still use the GTI2500 coils. Lots of "maybe" stuff in there.

Bottom line: Show the target's depth and size. Make it lighter. Hopefully, include an effective salt mode.

Can't wait. Where does the line start forming to buy one?

Joe

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX, Garrett GTI 2500, Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett ACE 400, Minelab X-Terra, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Eagle Eye, LRL, Audio generator app Tone, home-made dowsing L-rod,
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard the new detector from Garrett will substitute the GTI 2500 and the GTI 2500 will be discontinued. I hope not.

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX, Garrett GTI 2500, Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett ACE 400, Minelab X-Terra, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Eagle Eye, LRL, Audio generator app Tone, home-made dowsing L-rod,
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
- - -

Humble opinion here ...

The best idea Garrett could have right now (speaking as a GTI2500 user) ...

Bring out a detector with:

... Imaging, showing the target's size and depth,

... Numeric readout, actual numbers instead of segments,

and hopefully:

... Dual frequency to help on salt beaches,

... Lightweight. (Wow, that's a lot of batteries in the GTI2500.)

Maybe they'll still need a 3-element coil (one TX and two RX windings), which adds to the coil's cost. Also maybe they can still use the GTI2500 coils. Lots of "maybe" stuff in there.

Bottom line: Show the target's depth and size. Make it lighter. Hopefully, include an effective salt mode.

Can't wait. Where does the line start forming to buy one?

Joe

I'm a GTI 2500 user since 2001, and I don't like to see the GTI 2500 discontinued, never-ever.

Dwiniger

Mar 12, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It shows wired coil in brand new teaser just out.

NeilinFR

Oct 11, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It doesn't say that the one shown in the video clip is the same one being released? It could be just a stock clip of someone hunting with what appears to be a AT Series detector. View attachment 1436500

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpNVzO80FzU&feature=youtu.be

Hey John,
There is so much talk on this new garrett detector I don't know what to believe. Is it safe to say no one knows and its all just talk and wishing?
I was gonna order a new at gold but am thinking waiting now. I know the unveiling is mentioned I think may 6th but when dealers have them could be a ways after that right?
Ive had the at pro and the at gold in the past and prefer the at gold audio and slightly better gold sensitivity.
Thank you,
Neil

Primus Palus

Apr 3, 2017
Denver, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel like they've knocked it out of the park with the AT Pro. I don't think the next one will be a Pro killer. Instead it's likely to be the next level upgrade $800+ machine. There's too many detectors in the $500 range and a decent amount of super high end machines with little in between. They'd be smart to fill that gap.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't see any wires in the clip so probably the real At Pro II you see. I bet it looks just like the old one. As making new molds for the box is $$$$
I would bet it looks the same just has multiple frequencys and better discrimination. Still won't touch the Dues or CTX but let's hope

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread