Garrett Z-Lynk Wireless Looking for feed back

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got a set earlier this week to use on my Explorer SE. I haven't seen any of the issues mentioned in the few Amazon reviews, but it is possible that some were defective. I will say this, I'm seeing zero lag (it's actually 17 milliseconds, which you can't tell), and the sounds come through just fine. The only thing I've noticed, and this could change, as I think the batteries were low, is the transmitter was turning off while I was digging a hole on occasion, and it was periodically cutting out in pinpoint mode. I charged the units last night, so we'll see if it was just low on charge.

It's really nice being untethered from the machine, and if you want them, get them. If there is a problem, Garrett will take care of it.

Last edited:

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
duplicate post

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TwistedT's review made me think of something. On the Explorer, which I realize is not a Garrett product, the band (biga$$ O-ring) that is supplied to mount the transmitter isn't big enough for mounting it on the Explorer, unless you get a longer jack cable, then you can reach the upper shaft, but it's only long enough to reach the below arm battery housing area. I ended up just using a big ribber band, and it works fine, and they're easier to replace, and a lot cheaper when the time comes.

So depending on your machine, you may need to improvise how to mount it. Someone else uses velcro on their e-trac.

OP
OP
roccus

roccus

Jun 2, 2016
Maine
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be using it primarily with my DFX... these just came out this year right??

TwistedT

Nov 15, 2014
Westmoreland County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher F5,
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TwistedT's review made me think of something. On the Explorer, which I realize is not a Garrett product, the band (biga$$ O-ring) that is supplied to mount the transmitter isn't big enough for mounting it on the Explorer, unless you get a longer jack cable, then you can reach the upper shaft, but it's only long enough to reach the below arm battery housing area. I ended up just using a big ribber band, and it works fine, and they're easier to replace, and a lot cheaper when the time comes.

So depending on your machine, you may need to improvise how to mount it. Someone else uses velcro on their e-trac.

have heard of guys using velcro to mount the transmitter

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have two sets.. they perfectly.

If I really wanted to complain.. I'd tell Garrett they need to sell a set of headphones with a built in receiver that would work with the z-lynk transmitter.

In the end.. I'm happy to not have my detector hanging off my head.

OP
OP
roccus

roccus

Jun 2, 2016
Maine
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
correct - a new product

OK that must be why there in not a whole lot of info out there on them and they may have a few bugs to work out of them as they get extensive field testing this summer from consumers.... I am sure in the end it will be a fine product if I knew that if garret did upgrades on them they would do any upgrades on units already sold I would buy one now but I think I will hold off a bit and see what happens with them as it does sound like there are a few issues with them as of now

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a quick update; I used the Z again today after fully charging, and the issues I mentioned above were gone, so looks like it was just a low battery problem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread