squizzy

Greenie
Jul 21, 2015
Wangaratta
Detector(s) used
Adventure Ridge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi sorry to hear about that type of bullcrap it's sad about all the drugo looses about these day!!
On the up side I had also been badly abused by a young lady out detecting on a Saturday night late she had lost a ring that was given to her from her parents she had obviously been drinking then repaid me by badly sexually abusing me well abused in a good way though sadly then police sirens could be heard very close to my location and it woke me from that dream :-( why dose that always happen? Needless to say I've never seen her again!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I purposely have not hunted in some prime areas, Detroit and East Cleveland due to high crime rates. I try to stay out in God's country, by this I mean small towns and such. If I feel like I need to be packing, then I am not in an area that is conducive to my nature. If I happen to stop in an area like that, it's just to ask for directions to get the heck out of there as quickly as possible. No sense in tempting fate.

Primus Palus

Apr 3, 2017
Denver, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I purposely have not hunted in some prime areas, Detroit and East Cleveland due to high crime rates. I try to stay out in God's country, by this I mean small towns and such. If I feel like I need to be packing, then I am not in an area that is conducive to my nature. If I happen to stop in an area like that, it's just to ask for directions to get the heck out of there as quickly as possible. No sense in tempting fate.

I was 17 I think at the time and made a stop in Detroit to fuel up and ask for directions. I remember walking inside... the clerk was selling "rolex" watches at the counter and there was a guy in the corner dealing baggies to another guy. Would I go back there? Not no, but hell no.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We would hunt in Oak Cliff in Dallas! I did some dumb Sh*t back then! After all the difficulties with race relations I won't go back alone and worry for my friends that do. Is a silver coin worth getting rolled in the hood or worse shot dead? Glad you were fast on your feet John!
I don't even like driving thru Oak Cliff, much less getting out of the car. Believe it or not, once upon a time Oak Cliff was a ritzy part of Dallas. How things have changed.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was 17 I think at the time and made a stop in Detroit to fuel up and ask for directions. I remember walking inside... the clerk was selling "rolex" watches at the counter and there was a guy in the corner dealing baggies to another guy. Would I go back there? Not no, but hell no.
Sounds like when I got lost in Camden NJ once. Scary as hell.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I detect in Detroit alot, I look like a thug myself so I'm generally left alone but I'm sure there are some areas I wouldn't try.
Was detecting my old grade school in Detroit, a gang banger walks by and says hey man, you want to buy a gun ? I said no thanks, already have one, so he kept walking on his way.
There are still blocks and blocks of old turn of the century mansions just past downtown now crumbling and left to nature, too much for me to resist and I have had some good finds around there, but lots of trash due to decades of winos.
I detect an old park from time to time right in front of the old train station on Michigan Ave which must have been quite the relaxing hot spot back in the day, its always loaded with street urchins and homeless bums and have never been accosted once ,,, But loaded with trash, hard for me to deal with areas like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread