New to Garrett AT Pro

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1: Ground Balance every hunt, maybe a couple of time a hunt.

2: Learn to use Pro Zero although the Standard Mode is useful at times.

3: Start with Sensitivity a couple of bars below max.

4: On mine the depth indicator is most always reading a little deeper than actual.

5: Read the Manual several times.

6: Don't swing or cover ground too fast.

7: A Garrett 5x8 or Nel Sharpshooter 9.5 x 5.5 coil will make your ATP a little easier to swing, I found the stock coil to be a little heavy. Either one will also help you in trashy areas for target discrimination.

8: Other than the things above follow the metal detector ethics, it will help you and your fellow diggers.

Last edited:

Catanza

Mar 27, 2017
South Bend IN
Detector(s) used
At Pro nel Thunder coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the atpro club. Great choice I love mine, I did order a nel Thunder coil to get a little deeper. Other then that like what Cosmo said pro zero and ground balance few times per hunt

OP
OP
DigginDave94

DigginDave94

Apr 15, 2017
Dixon IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your replay do you think I should start with Standard mode though being a beginner at this?

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for your replay do you think I should start with Standard mode though being a beginner at this?

You could if you wanted but if you are not in a real trashy area like say a soccer complex or school yard it would benefit you to learn Pro Zero as soon as possible. As far as Standard I would use it enough to get comfortable with it because it is your machine and you want to be able to use all of the capabilities of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread