Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its garrets answer to the mxsport, which is heavily based of of mxt. If the AT max performs like the mxsport people gonna be pretty happy with them.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I thought the mxsport was Whites answer to Garrett's AT Pro.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

it was whites answer to at pro, now garret answered back

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You see it all started in 1874 when Parisian inventor Gustave Trouvé developed a hand-held device for locating and extracting metal objects such as bullets from human patients. Inspired by Trouvé, Alexander Graham Bell developed a similar device to attempt to locate a bullet lodged in the chest of American President James Garfield in 1881.

Nothing has changed...AT Pro probably inspired White's to make the MX Sport... and perhaps...White's inspired Garrett to improve the AT Pro. Anyway...we all win! And yes...the AT Max definitely looks like a winner! Tt

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Bandido II Umax,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But wait, does that mean I have to listen to the threshold while Im in pro zero? I had enough listening to the hum with my mxt...

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Bandido II Umax,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No not if you don't want to.. Turn down threshold

Sent from my XT1650 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

At an audible depth loss? I dont mean listening to targets that null the threshold ( super deep out of VDI range targets..the only thing I ever found good about a threshold tone for detecting.. And I dont hunt tiny gold nuggets). I mean will deeper targets (still in vdi range) then be reduced to near inaudible sounds.. to much modulation?

I dont know how apart from hunting super deep targets or tiny gold a threshold tone is of any use.. ground balancing? I would have to believe a tuned threshold in silent search would be of far better use (in terms of using a VDI). And much more bearable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread