Mar 22, 2009
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500and Garret SeaHunter MarkII
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Waterproof Ace 250 "Lake Looter"

Any progress on" New and Different aproach the the Lake Looter ?"
Iam intrested in your new idea as Iam considering buying an Ace 250 and converting it to hunt the area lakes. Trapper
May your detector always find the good stuff.

trapper

Mar 22, 2009
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500and Garret SeaHunter MarkII
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thanx for the update I will utilize your original mods if you dont mind and thank you for sharing these with all of us. Trapper May your detector always find the good stuff!

Mortifercain

Aug 11, 2011
indiana

first id like to say AWSOME!!! second keystone light is a great beer for the money. im new both to the forums and to this new hobby it started with a tripp to go gold panning in indiana i really want a MD i can put under water and still be able to discriminate well. i see some cheesy under water rigs on e-bay but it looks like you loose a ton of features im leaning on getting a 250 as a starter unit but i would like to be able to wade maybe waist level can the head on this unit be submerged like 2 or 3 feet for long periods of time straight out of the box ?or do i need to proof the head connectors first ? im to scared to try building this rig but im on limited funds. any ideas?

also im speaking of fresh water in a river or pond

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

The waterproof 250 is a pretty good idea if you know what you're doing and can find the pieces and parts.

Currently, Garrett offers the AT-Pro for just this kind of hunting, as well as dry land or rain. Its also easy to use.
AT = All Terrain

It runs around $600, but it's made to be used in the water. It can be submurged up to 10' deep.

Take a look for one of these...

OP
OP
K

khouse

Dec 6, 2006

Mort,
Yes the head, loop or coil whichever you may call it is waterproof. But not the control head itself. You can go wading with your 250 but do not drop it. Tie a cord to it and then to your belt loop just in case you do let it go. As stated the Garrett ATpro is a water proof machine. I will say that when they are working they work great. Search "waterproof coinmaster" for my latest machine. It works perfect. I will sell it this fall to build a 3rd waterproof machine. I like to tinker with stuff.

Mortifercain

Aug 11, 2011
indiana

khouse said:
Mort,
Yes the head, loop or coil whichever you may call it is waterproof. But not the control head itself. You can go wading with your 250 but do not drop it. Tie a cord to it and then to your belt loop just in case you do let it go. As stated the Garrett ATpro is a water proof machine. I will say that when they are working they work great. Search "waterproof coinmaster" for my latest machine. It works perfect. I will sell it this fall to build a 3rd waterproof machine. I like to tinker with stuff.

right on khouse thanks for the advice think ill stick with the 250 then and please keep me in mind in the fall if you decide to try a new mod. im still verry much a green horn but im having fun lol
as for the AT who knows maybe if im a good boy there is always x-mass 600 is allot when you marry your accountant haha

OP
OP
K

khouse

Dec 6, 2006

You can get a new Atpro for 500. Just check around. I would sell the waterproof coinmaster now if you want it. I have more parts coming in for my next waterproof machine. I'm raising some more money and am selling a lot of stuff on the e auction site.

Mortifercain

Aug 11, 2011
indiana

khouse said:
You can get a new Atpro for 500. Just check around. I would sell the waterproof coinmaster now if you want it. I have more parts coming in for my next waterproof machine. I'm raising some more money and am selling a lot of stuff on the e auction site.
how much would you want for it my dad lives in boston and is going threw a bad break up. and he makes some good money trying to get him in the sport? can it handle salt?

OP
OP
K

khouse

Dec 6, 2006

Mortifercain said:
khouse said:
how much would you want for it my dad lives in boston and is going threw a bad break up. and he makes some good money trying to get him in the sport? can it handle salt?
It won't handle the wet salt. It will do just fine in the dry sand. Since this isn't the classified just email me for the price.
[email protected]
Kenny

OP
OP
K

khouse

Dec 6, 2006

Thinking of making one out of an Ace 350 next. But this time I hope to have a way to push all the buttons from outside the box.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other

Cut a window out of the cover and stretch a good sized sheet of latex (like from a big latex glove) over the opening before pressing on the cover. Use silicone grease all around the joint. Cross fingers.

OP
OP
K

khouse

Dec 6, 2006

Your on the right track. I have some materials coming in that I'm going to try.

SpringTxDigger

Dec 28, 2008
Katy Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow Khouse what a cool deal. I love it. I didn't realize how old this thread was till I read the part about 27 degrees somewhere. We've had triple digit heat for about the last 19 days. And awesome you dingding the rings. Conrats on a cool project!!

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SpringTxDigger said:
Wow Khouse what a cool deal. I love it. I didn't realize how old this thread was till I read the part about 27 degrees somewhere. We've had triple digit heat for about the last 19 days. And awesome you dingding the rings. Conrats on a cool project!!

You are near me, on the Coast..We have had more than that..horrible...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions