Felt Nostalgic Today.....Took The Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger Hunting Today!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
scorp7.jpg

It's been seven years since I hunted with this metal detector. It was first released in 1990, as a detector designed to find gold nuggets. It's like 3 machines in one. Has a TR mode, non motion true all metal mode and a motion discriminate. It operated as 15kHz, the same as the AT Pro. It lacks depth, however, it is perfect for sports fields and well manicured lawns. It bangs hard on gold/silver rings and our Canadian clad, especially nickle plated steel. As predicted, a found an abundance of nickels....12 of them, dimes 13 of them and several quarters. The old "Scorp" found me some nice gold rings back when I used it regularly.

Below are a couple of interesting finds from today.

scorp2.jpg

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I believe the graduation article was made for a charm bracelet or key ring?

Thanks for clearing that up. I really had no idea what that graduation token was.:icon_scratch:

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Gold Stinger controls reminds me of the old AT-3. I loved that thing. It would grab me US Indian Head pennies unlike any other detector I have owned. It wasn't a huge depth machine but I liked using it where depth wasn't much of an issue. Unfortunately, I must not have gotten the seal right and water got in and ruined it after I did some underwater hunting at a local pier 20 years ago. I miss that machine and wish I still had it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread