AT MAX Release Date?

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone know when and who has the best price?

Thank you...

I was talking to local dealer just yesterday about this. He had just recently talked with Garrett, and the indication he got from them that they themselves don't really know yet. He sounded really frustrated with his conversation with them (he ordered two cases of ATMs).

I know that during his time on that one MD podcast (May 15th), Steve mentioned that the instructional video for the Max was still at least a month away. I'd imagine they'd want the video(s) completed by the time they start shipping units out to dealers. Going off that, my gut tells me mid-June at the easiest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zip Zip

Dec 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmmm I too have one on order. I think maybe next time, they should have their warehouse full and ready to ship before they let the public know about it. I feel like I am hung from an old oak tree and I just hang here swaying in the wind. I shouldn't have told my wife I had her new detector on order :(

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zip, so that's how you get the wife to say yes to a new detector order! Tell her it's for her but your the one on here depressed it's not shipped yet. Lol

Zip Zip

Dec 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Welgund, It is for her. I have an MXT All Pro. She has problems with her Ace 250. She can hardly read the screen and no VDI numbers. She gets tangled in the headphone cord when digging. She can also alter the frequency so there is no "Cross Talk" between my MXT (13.9 kHz) and hers (13.6 kHz). The Max will resolve all of those problems :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Agent Green

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sent an email the other day on 6/13/17, still no word on the release date for the AT Max... Geeezz... fyi guys

Mo Diggins

May 24, 2017
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
His Garrett AT Pro and Tesoro Mojave,
Her Garrett ACE 300 with 5" x 8" DD coil,
and two Garrett Pro-Pointer ATs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welgund, It is for her. I have an MXT All Pro. She has problems with her Ace 250. She can hardly read the screen and no VDI numbers. She gets tangled in the headphone cord when digging. She can also alter the frequency so there is no "Cross Talk" between my MXT (13.9 kHz) and hers (13.6 kHz). The Max will resolve all of those problems :)

Happy wife, happy life. :thumbsup:

banone

Jun 16, 2017
Syracuse NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the update, spede. Geeezz is right! the wait is driving some of us crazy! If it truly is the instructional video they are waiting on, I'll take one without it...I can get by, lol

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect that the release will depend on how long it takes them to modify things based on the tests performed in the various videos. Steve from Garrett was over this way with several YouTube celebs like Nugget Noggin, Relic Recoverist and the Hoover Boys and at the end of one of the videos somebody says that the results of the tests will be incorporated into the programming, so depending on how long that takes, well, your guess is as good as mine. It's definitely got a lot of nice upgrades, so if the tweaking makes it even better, it should be worth the wait (and no I don't shill for Garrett, but I do like their stuff).

Zip Zip

Dec 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a call today from my dealer (21jun17) . He was told that late august should be the month. Garrett is compiling all the data and information from their test subjects and will be doing finishing adjustments to the Max machines as needed (probably the instructional video also). :)

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow--that's a big change from "sometime in June". I pre-ordered mine in early May. I guess I can stop my daily obsessing about the email informing me its on the way! Having said that, I'm new to detecting, and bought a Fisher F22 in March. I'm having a blast with it, and this hobby. I just completed 2 days at a beach in NJ and found lots of clad coins. I can only imagine what fall hunts (and beyond) with the AT Max will discover. I've seen many videos of the AT Pro and AT Gold. They really caught my interest in Garrett. When the Max was announced, I knew I had to have it. Fingers crossed...

Mo Diggins

May 24, 2017
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
His Garrett AT Pro and Tesoro Mojave,
Her Garrett ACE 300 with 5" x 8" DD coil,
and two Garrett Pro-Pointer ATs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's always time to do it right the first time.

StrykerBarnes

Aug 29, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received this email today from Garrett... i hope this helps
Hello Mr. Bryan:

Thanks, for being a Garrett customer and for your patience regarding the AT Max released day. We have been informed that it will be released after Labor Day holiday.

Best Regards,

Hilda Bardales

Sports Division-Customer Services

Garrett Metal Detectors

? 1881 West State Street, Garland, TX 75042

( (972) 494 – 6155 X 725 (1800) 527-4011

7 (972) 494 – 1881

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shame on her for being so vague with that response.

What that ACTUALLY means, is that after Labor Day, first, mass-production finally begins (no idea how long THAT will take). Then, they ship out to distributors (no idea how long for that, either, or how many units each dealer will get). Finally, once the dealers get their inventory, they have to repackage the units to ship out to customers. The hiccup here, however, is that it is not know if pre-ordered units gets priority over regular purchases.

So in the end, "after Labor Day" has a REALLY good chance of translating to "between mid-September and early October."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions