ATX

Shaen9319

Jul 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I am curious if anyone here has used the ATX PRO? I hear a lot about the AT and other machines by Garrett. I am interested in the ATX I am actually told by Garrett this is one of there finest detectors, it does indeed past the AT and other machines in most fields.... its a pulse detector and was tested in most all terrains and proven to find gold in even hot areas... seems perfect to me, so what's with this machine? it's garretts king product yet not many seem to use it though...

I have called Garrett as well and they confirmed between the ATX and AT PRO even with coils, the ATX is a better choice if you have the money though, and its the deepest seeking machine with the (deep seeker package) Garrett makes this day.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
The ATX is a very powerful detector. It is a pulse detector, and does not have your typical discrimination as per AT Pro. The ATX will pick up everything and it's coil. It is extremely sensitive to all targets, including very tiny ones. The ATX is also very deep detector. It was designed to find deep targets, in highly mineralized soils, including tiny gold nuggets. It has an iron check, helps to rule out junk targets. It is not my 1st choice detector for hunting in parks or areas where there is a lot of trash targets. However, it really excels in hunted out beaches and water, areas where gold nuggets are found and in the water.

It takes some practice to getting comfortable using it, due to it lacking your common discrimination abilities. It general will give a low-high signals on copper/gold and a high-low on gold Iron will give either signal. A pi is npt for everyone, however, those who have learned a pi have done extremely well. The key to using a pi is usually location.

OP
OP
S

Shaen9319

Jul 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard choices lol I'll end up getting a Ctx and atx eventually but if I was interested in finding gold and memories I was told the Atx is the machine or even a gold bug 2 but I'm told the atx finds very small nuggets so that's helpful. All in all from what I get in my views is Ctx is coins and beach.... Atx is your gold and mountain, desert machine.... And Excalibur is your sea machine haha. Three things I'm going to have to have now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread