Thoughts on The 9" X 12' Proformance Concentric Coil for AT-Pro

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
well, depth wise, they are very similar. The concentric coil will have better accuracy for targets compared to the DD. The DD usually ID's bottle caps as coins, whereas a concentric will give you readings for most bottles caps as junk. Not a big deal, unless you are a serious coin hunter. DD coils tend to get better depth in higher mineralized soils compared to concentric coils. I find pinpointing off a concentric more accurate then compared to a concentric coil.

OP
OP
Hal2k

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well, depth wise, they are very similar. The concentric coil will have better accuracy for targets compared to the DD. The DD usually ID's bottle caps as coins, whereas a concentric will give you readings for most bottles caps as junk. Not a big deal, unless you are a serious coin hunter. DD coils tend to get better depth in higher mineralized soils compared to concentric coils. I find pinpointing off a concentric more accurate then compared to a concentric coil.

Thanks John! I purchased the NEL Storm coil for my AT and after using a few days had some second thoughts that maybe I should have purchased the concentric coil. After using the storm coil more I'm beginning to like the storm, going over areas that I thought I had found all there is to find I'm finding that I'm I finding additional coins missed by the stock coil. I the long run I will keep the storm on and continue to use. I have set up so that I can change quickly between the stock and the storm, just wish Garrett would have given more room and the control box to make the connection. I think the next purchase will be the small DD coil 5 x 8 for hunting in woods and areas the stock coil and the storm are to difficult to get into.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Once you put the 5x8 coil on you will never take it off [emoji106]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread