Here's what the Max's control box looks like for the retail version…

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jocelyn got her retail unit a bit early and did a quick unboxing. Seems the button layout has change a bit.

Here's what it looks like now:
IMG_1768.JPG

And this is what the test units looked like:
IMG_1769.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes sense they moved Iron Discrimination to the "front" rather than having to push the shift key on the test unit. Only change I could make out, though. Any others?

OP
OP
CJayC

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Makes sense they moved Iron Discrimination to the "front" rather than having to push the shift key on the test unit. Only change I could make out, though. Any others?

- Elim. is now a secondary function while Freq. is primary

- Backlight has been moved from Elim. secondary function to Iron Audio secondary function

-Sensitivity secondary function has changed from Freq. Adj. to Vol. Adj.

- Iron Disc. is now the primary function while Notch Disc. is secondary (they were switched on the test model)

-

I think those are all the button changes. And to answer another member's question, Jocelyn gave no opinions; this was just a quick unboxing and a panning shot of the assembled machine.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
- Elim. is now a secondary function while Freq. is primary

- Backlight has been moved from Elim. secondary function to Iron Audio secondary function

-Sensitivity secondary function has changed from Freq. Adj. to Vol. Adj.

- Iron Disc. is now the primary function while Notch Disc. is secondary (they were switched on the test model)

-

I think those are all the button changes. And to answer another member's question, Jocelyn gave no opinions; this was just a quick unboxing and a panning shot of the assembled machine.

Thanks, without the above it was like one of those can you find the 4 differences in the two pictures things, without being told there were 4 differences.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread