ATX beach hunt, help needed.

cameleon222

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys,
well after a long awaited time, i got my atx today with the regular coil and headed to the beach with my wife to give it a try.
Held the pinpoint button while i turned it on until it made 2 beeps to factory reset it.
Did a frequency scan while it was touching the ground in an upright position.
Disc on 1 = off
then i went for the ground balance like 6-8 seconds.
here what i noticed is the sounds starts off very loud and then goes kinda like in a low tone mode and I released the button.
Every 2 swings or so, I hear a beep, I check again nothing, i rotate on target and recheck, again nothing ! i keep on going, but why do i have this issue ?
i tried putting the disc on 1.5 and 2, same happens.
i lowered my sensitivity to maybe 9 and couldn't get rid of that falsing. i was hunting the wet sand with waves coming in and out, my coil didn't went in the water, just very slowly sweeping the ground. Also tried it on dry sand, very hard to do 2 steps without having to stop for the same issue...
i lay my Detector aside to go down and dig a target it beeps no matter what position, or how far i move it away.
with too many beeping around, I'm going crazy.....i try to pinpoint the target, i got a whole arm swing of high pitch tone with glowing red leds maxed at 13. i could litteraly move 2 feets in each directions and can't tell where to pinpoint, it's loud no matter where i sweep.
what am I doing wrong, any recommendations please ?!?!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Increase your discrimination to 1 or 2. Put your threshold at 2. When ground balancing, pump that coil for at least 30 seconds. See if that helps?

OP
OP
cameleon222

cameleon222

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok, went today again, was a bit better than yesterday, what i noticed is that i had to ground balance a lot, so i turned the ground tracking function on and started playing around, was more stable on level 3 (max).
sensibility on wet sand had to be around 7-8, dry sand could handle 10 with some chatter.
Iron check was doing pretty good.
Threshold is a bit loud, at 6 i hear nothing, at 7 seems like I'd like to lower it a bit more but can't go back to 6. Beach was very dirty, litteraly filled with underground reinforcement cement walls deep down. First time i ever see this. Every time i dig, turns out it's a block of cement or some kinda rusted rocks.
Heavy unit for sure, but I'm glad it's gonna put me back in shape in no time.

OP
OP
cameleon222

cameleon222

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also seems like there's a lot of black sand mixed up on the surface. How far could i possibly discriminate, enough to get rid of the falsing ? should i lower sensitivity or play with disc settings ?

the lama

Greenie
Mar 19, 2017
Detector(s) used
at pro,cz21,infinium,ace 350,f2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could it be the rebar in the concrete or are you wearing shoes with metal in them

OP
OP
cameleon222

cameleon222

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could it be the rebar in the concrete or are you wearing shoes with metal in them
Most probably rebars, i found out that every beach property have their construction leftovers burried in the sand. Even found a huge iron pipe, about a 3-4 feet wide coming in from underneath and straight in the water, i was trying to convince myself that it wasn't connected to any waste line. The only metal thing i had on me is my zipper, but the MD is far ahead of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread