FisherF2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok everyone, I ordered the AT Max back on June 2nd from Kellyco.. was told they would ship in July, then August.. does anyone have any solid info on what's going on?? I know that there were some changes made to the machine which postponed the release but know body seems to know exactly when they'll ship. Anyone have some good news?

End of August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For what its worth I called garrett the other day and asked. The lady told me sometimes in august and said there is only two weeks left in august so it has to be soon.

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For what its worth I called garrett the other day and asked. The lady told me sometimes in august and said there is only two weeks left in august so it has to be soon.

They'll ship out on the 31st. So depending on how long it takes for them to get to the dealers, and then how long it takes for the dealers to unpack, inspect, and then repack and ship them out to customers, it could very well be mid-September before we get our hands on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kingrich

Kingrich

Dec 5, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Makro racer2
Garrett ATpro
FisherF2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also emailed Garrett, got a response yesterday.. they told me definitely this month but don't have an exact date. The suspense is killing me! [emoji16]

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok everyone, I ordered the AT Max back on June 2nd from Kellyco.. was told they would ship in July, then August.. does anyone have any solid info on what's going on?? I know that there were some changes made to the machine which postponed the release but know body seems to know exactly when they'll ship. Anyone have some good news?
I have the at pro....you guys think this is a big improvement on the pro? Just curious. I've seen some of the preview order videos on YouTube and I felt everyone seemed happy but not overly happy.
I liked the added features. Sorry babbling, I've never owned anything but a Garrett and was thinking of upgrading and the pro has found me a lot of awesome finds.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill wait to hear from users first

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also emailed Garrett, got a response yesterday.. they told me definitely this month but don't have an exact date. The suspense is killing me! [emoji16]

You wait and see. They probably WILL ship 'em out on the 31st. :P

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will stick myself out on a limb and comment on a detector that I have never touched. It has a minimal depth increase over the gold . How do I know that? I know a guy whos partner test for garrett. 1/2/ 1 inch over the gold. I know the gold is deeper than the pro but don't know by how much. You can see all the other features listed that they put into the max. IMO looks like a rehash of same tech they already have but the masses will line up to buy them. WHY Y GARRETT WHY?? AT series water proof feature is top notch. btw go ask John Edmonton to tell you how much depth increase it has IN (ZERO) over the gold in (DISC) and see if he will tell you before its released. I have been asking that question for a few weeks and still no answer . Wonder why? All the test are in all metal mode. Except for the hoover boys test which to me I couldn't tell in disc how much it had.The garrett video said it has substantial depth increase..... the question is what is substantial? Update I went and looked at one of his charts and it air test 9 inchs on a merc in zero mode . What are air test depths on the gold and at pro with a merc dime??? anyone know?
I have the at pro....you guys think this is a big improvement on the pro? Just curious. I've seen some of the preview order videos on YouTube and I felt everyone seemed happy but not overly happy.
I liked the added features. Sorry babbling, I've never owned anything but a Garrett and was thinking of upgrading and the pro has found me a lot of awesome finds.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a video I found of a at pro on a dime , can someone tell me what it air test on a silver dime? ZERO mode is about halfway through the video.

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am waiting as well, upgrading from an oldie but goodie Fischer. Last i heard it was late August, so that seems to go right along with 8/31.

OP
OP
Kingrich

Kingrich

Dec 5, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Makro racer2
Garrett ATpro
FisherF2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure it will be last minute CjayC.. I just hope it's worth the wait!

stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i see on metal detector.com this:
Capture.PNG

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a dealer I know said the same thing so around 3 more weeks to get your machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread