Minelab Vanquish 540(won it!)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pin pointing with my AT is iffy at best, alittle better with the smaller coil, but with the stock coil, mine seems more to the rear. I have a minelab Safari that is dead on, the AT?, more of a challenge.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did the pinpointing just start to be off or has it always been this way since new? There are a several tricks in learning how to pinpoint with the AT Pro which I can share but if you're detector just started pinpointing off center and it is not new, you may want to contact Garrett for assistance.

OP
OP
L

log2lumber

May 8, 2015
Detroit, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 2 with carbon fiber shaft and upgrades
Minelab Vanquish 540(won it!)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is not new. It has done this once before and a factory reset work. I have had it for 3 or 4 years.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did the pinpointing just start to be off or has it always been this way since new? There are a several tricks in learning how to pinpoint with the AT Pro which I can share but if you're detector just started pinpointing off center and it is not new, you may want to contact Garrett for assistance.
For me, I think it's always been this way. Could be I'm spoiled with the Safari, in that the "pinpoint" is very sharp in tone, or response, and the AT will increase then decrease in tone as you pass back & forth, not a big problem, just different machines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread