I Got Flour Gold Today By "UN-GROUND BALANCING" My AT MAX

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
gold best.jpg

That's right! By un-ground-balancing the MAX. We ground balance our detectors to get them to run smooth and quiet. I set up the MAX to run very unstable........especially to iron. Usually my AT Pro balances in the 80-90 reading. To pick up the iron in the bedrock, I manually set the GB to 20. What a chatterbox...... unless I raised the coil above me, where it ran quiet.

You see, gold is one of the heaviest elements in rivers & creeks, and always settles in crevices, where the water turbulence wont move it, unless it is spring runoff. Black sands both magnetic and non-magnetic also are heavy, and tend to accumulate in the same areas where gold hides. So........find the concentration of iron in the bedrock, and you should be able to find the gold. I did today. :)

https://youtu.be/u3bKC0nYF_k

SteveJJ

May 18, 2015
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher F75 (for sale)
Fisher Gold Bug 2
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice color! Thanks for the tip! I'd wondered about that, detecting for black sands to know where to dig or dredge. Also thought of stuffing a powerful magnet here and there to see how much sand sticks to it, in areas the coil is just too big to get into.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a complete load of..

DukeBoxer

Feb 3, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave and Compadre
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a quick question, why didn't you film/show on the video the reaction of the detector when you got the hot spot? I watched just to see that part and it was never shown

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread