New member of AT pro club

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are about to get hooked on great fun. Im sure if you have questions you find them here. I have the AT Pro with stock coil, NEll Storm, and the Garrett 5 X 8, also I'm about to purchase a second AT-Pro the Max going to give it a little time to work out thhe kinks.:icon_thumright:

Last edited:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Welcome to the AT Club! You picked a great machine......it has proven itself time and time again. Please.....use pro mode and learn those tones. Looking forward to seeing your finds. if you have any questions......just ask. There are lots of AT Users here!

Untitled.jpg

OP
OP
kenstein

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks JE. I'm quite sure there will be questions. I think the squirrel likes your machine. Will it find buried nuts?

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Thanks JE. I'm quite sure there will be questions. I think the squirrel likes your machine. Will it find buried nuts?

It doesn't have to.......I supply him plenty!:occasion14:

OP
OP
kenstein

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Hal. Probably going to be sniffing around for a 5x8 before long, but I've got some learning to do. Good thinkin', waiting to see a few reviews on the Max.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the AT Pro club, if you can afford the 5 X 8 coil, IMHO buy it; It's very good at separating trash and not much if any loss in depth!

OP
OP
kenstein

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Prof. I had wanted to get the two-coil package to begin with, but found a great deal I couldn't refuse. I will be getting the 5x8. I can already see where it would be helpful.

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thinking about buying myself a sniper coil for my AT Pro and found this thread. Looking for confirmation to buy the 5 x 8 for MD in public parks and schools where there is a lot of trash. Thanks & HH!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thinking about buying myself a sniper coil for my AT Pro and found this thread. Looking for confirmation to buy the 5 x 8 for MD in public parks and schools where there is a lot of trash. Thanks & HH!

The 5x8 is the only coil you need. You will never take it off once you try it.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love their bigger NEL coils and use them in high trash areas just got to get used to them. Good luck with your PRO it will serve you well

LeloTX

Oct 8, 2017
Kingwood, Henderson & Tyler TX
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please.....use pro mode and learn those tones.

Just got an AT Pro myself and have watched numerous tutorials on it on YouTube. I'm thinking about ignoring Garrett's advice to start off in Standard Mode and just beginning in Pro Mode instead since I would eventually end up there anyway. Any reason not to do it this way?

OP
OP
kenstein

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got an AT Pro myself and have watched numerous tutorials on it on YouTube. I'm thinking about ignoring Garrett's advice to start off in Standard Mode and just beginning in Pro Mode instead since I would eventually end up there anyway. Any reason not to do it this way?

I tend to switch back and forth on every hunt. While still learning, I want to know how the two modes compare. Just my opinion, but a very faint signal in "proportional audio" may be ignored or not heard at all (with my old ears). It may be helpful to use a test garden to see how a faint signal compares in standard mode. I personally haven't done that because I'd rather be doing actual hunting in my scarce detector time. good luck:coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread