After Market Coils For AT MAX ie Nel

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank You John! Have been concerned about if my Nel Storm coil I purchased for my AT-Pro would work with the Max, was watching a YouTube video with the Hoover Boys they where using the Nel Storm coil on the AT Max was supposedly working fine one day and not working the next day with the MAX. They switched back to the stock coil and it worked fine, could have just been unusual occurrence.

LrdSummerisle

Greenie
Jul 6, 2016
California
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro-Pointer AT, Whites Coinmaster Classic II, Nel coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Thanks for the update, John.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank You John! Have been concerned about if my Nel Storm coil I purchased for my AT-Pro would work with the Max, was watching a YouTube video with the Hoover Boys they where using the Nel Storm coil on the AT Max was supposedly working fine one day and not working the next day with the MAX. They switched back to the stock coil and it worked fine, could have just been unusual occurrence.

Yes, I think we have a couple very early release units in our fleet. The general consensus we are hearing is NEL pro coils are good with the Max... I have yet to try one on my Max.

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I thought kurt switched to the nel thunder coil on hoover and thats the one he noticed wasnt working on the max.

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought kurt switched to the nel thunder coil on hoover and thats the one he noticed wasnt working on the max.

You maybe correct I may have misunderstood.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread