If Metal Detecting Is A Sport...Here's My 2 Day Relay...........

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
gb1.jpg

Started off yesterday, detecting some schools, then switched gears and today I hunted parks and then old picnic grounds. I was a busy feller......got lots of coins, and one of the parks gave up a nice silver ring!

gb2.jpg

Here's the ring, and some coins from the old picnic grounds.

gb6.jpg

Next stop today, a favorite place to dig up petrified wood. No metal detector required, just a good sense of eyesight. I dropped a large piece, showing some nice grains from the previous wood. I might go after work to retrieve it.

gb7.jpg

Here's the nicest piece of petrified wood from today. You can see where a branch once existed, and the top end has already began crystallizing. I like it!

And finally, the day was completed doing an old picnic ground. Below you can see the fruits of my labor metal detecting the old picnic grounds.

gb10.jpg

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds John, you have a knack for finding whatever is out there, and yep if detecting is a sport you hold the number 1 title of all time.:hello2::occasion14:

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks more like a triathlon to me. (coins, silver, wood) Congrats! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread