Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
My Ace 250 had a loose lower shaft it had a little movement when you would swing it. So i called Garrett and talked to Mary she asked me how many coils i had i said 2 she said they ...now have new lower shafts for the Ace 250 and sent me 2 of them FREE and now i do not have any loose lower shaft's ......Garrett said that...ANY ONE THAT HAS LOOSE LOWER SHAFT FOR THE Ace 250 to call Garrett at .... 1-800-527-4011 .... AND THEY WILL REPLACE YOUR SHAFT FOR ...FREE....FREE...FREE AT NO COST TO YOU JUST CALL GARRETT AND THEY WILL SEND THEM OUT AND YOU DO...NOT HAVE TO NO YOU DO NOT PAY SHIPPING ..THEY SEND YOU THE LOWER SHAFT AND SHIPPING IS FREE...FREE...........

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice about the free lower shafts. Many hunters that are tall have to set the shaft in the lowest hole and this makes for a loose shaft.

This is what good service is all about!

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Replacing the spring clip with a 1/4 x 1.25 inch bolt with a wing nut tightens it right up if it's loose.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
I bought a stainless steel bolt and wing nut. But anything will work. It's quick and cheap. Just pull out that spring clip and install the bolt.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
khouse said:
I bought a stainless steel bolt and wing nut. But anything will work. It's quick and cheap. Just pull out that spring clip and install the bolt.
I'm a little person so I don't have that problem...I'm glad to see that Garrett looks after their customers.

ecastro111

Oct 23, 2006
Rio Grande Valley
Detector(s) used
Garret Infinium/Fisher CZ7a
Thanks Khouse, called Garrett last week for my free lower shafts. Awesome customer service :D Once I get the them I'll try the steel bolt and wing nut.

Later Days ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread