ATMax

Wrecka

Jun 22, 2017
Gold Coast Queensland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was seriously considering it , even though my ATP is only a few months old , i have now decided to wait for the Minelab Equinox

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still on the fence about the whole thing....I have a Pro and a Gold now and have done well with them. I only see a small amount of performance gain that would probably be an even smaller increase in finds and the extra features aren't a big deal to me except for the wireless headphones. They are nice. But I also will have to have an Equinox if it is the machine Minelab claims it to be. Of the machines out right now, I do feel the AT Max is probably the best bang for your buck. Look at the impact....it is $1000 and is not waterproof and the wireless phones are 120 dollars extra! Don't see it being a big competitor in number of units sold. Should have been about the price of the Max. Anyone ready to pull the trigger on an Impact with wireless phones is probably going to highly consider the Deus for slightly more. Then you have the Equinox with everything you could ask for for $900. This should prove to be a huge seller for Minelab.

Zip Zip

Dec 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I am still on the fence about the whole thing....I have a Pro and a Gold now and have done well with them. I only see a small amount of performance gain that would probably be an even smaller increase in finds and the extra features aren't a big deal to me except for the wireless headphones. They are nice. But I also will have to have an Equinox if it is the machine Minelab claims it to be. Of the machines out right now, I do feel the AT Max is probably the best bang for your buck. Look at the impact....it is $1000 and is not waterproof and the wireless phones are 120 dollars extra! Don't see it being a big competitor in number of units sold. Should have been about the price of the Max. Anyone ready to pull the trigger on an Impact with wireless phones is probably going to highly consider the Deus for slightly more. Then you have the Equinox with everything you could ask for for $900. This should prove to be a huge seller for Minelab.

I would get the Garrett wireless headphone set and use it on what you have and still get you equinox and use the set on it too :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread