IT'S NEVER TOO COLD, FOR MAX TO FIND GOLD!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
pl3.jpg

It was a bit frosty in the water. Gone is the wet-suit, in with the chest waders. Earlier in the week, some places got a foot of snow south of where I live. I was wondering what the lake conditions would be like today???

pl.jpg

As I got closer, there was snow on the side of the roads......could be COLD!

pl5.jpg

Ahhhh! No snow on the beach, no ice in the water, just a couple hundred of Canadian Geese resting/feeding, before they head south and crap in my neighbors down south.

pl1.jpg

The water was cold on the deeper levels, but fine in the shallow stuff. All my 4 rings came from the deep water. Here is the good, the bad and the ugly. Just about a dollar in change.

pl2.jpg

And the BEST!

pl4.jpg

Finished off the day by building a fire and roasting some hot-dogs. Man......what a great day! I wish it could be autumn all year round. :)

And, I could run the MAX wide open with a little bit of chatter at this location. I could easily distinguish a target! I hunted in true all metal mode, which is a beast for depth. On the other end was my favorite coil, the 9" x 12" coil, the deepest of the lot in good ground. One of my pennies was 3 scoops deep. I won't tell you how deep that is, as you wouldn't believe me. I have had 7 different detectors that can hunt in the water, and the AT MAX is by far the best producer in the water including deep rings and coins.

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made me smile. Days like that are good. So good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread