AT Max Unboxing / First Impressions

nebu

Greenie
Apr 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

and some comments

AT Pro vs. Max
The biggest change to me is the audio swap. It takes the audio signals from the AT Gold and puts it in the AT Max. So the sounds/signals you have memorized from the AT Pro do NOT apply anymore. It's completely different. That's a massive shock to the system. The quarters/silver sounds way better on the AT Pro. But as you get used to it, you'll learn the new signals. If you are an AT Gold user, it won't bug you at all.

Way more items found. Better depth. The AT MAX does much better in comparisons of finding depth targets. It's find all sorts of targets my AT Pro missed in heavy trash area parks. I've gone over an area 20+ times and this thing dug another $10 worth of change out of the same area. It also gets you digging more nickel 50-70 range targets which are likely to be gold because they sound more meatier.

=Z-Link wireless headphones. That before was alone a $125+ upgrade with the headphones. For 5 years I've been tripping on my annoying headphone cord. The headphones are rechargeable too.

=back-light. I've been using a headlamp that I shine on my unit. This version is way better. It does eat up more battery though. I do almost all my digging at night and this thing is doing great at night. I love the new display.

=Volume control built in. Before you have to use your headphones which is hit and miss. This feature delayed the release of the unit for months but most agree it was worth waiting for.

=Better ground balance. This makes this unit better than the Garrett AT Pro in mineralized locations and the BEACH. I don't know about you but my AT Pro sucked at the beach. I never found anything except in the dry sand. That's a huge reason to upgrade. Supposedly it's better at the beach but we'll see.

=Adjust the background noise +/-. That's new.

=Free Hat, awesome! It's kind of a generic "free" hat but who cares. I've been wearing it since I opened the box.

=LARGER VDI numbers. Much better. It's hard to see the numbers on the AT PRO sometimes.

=Better rubberized hand grip instead of the foam or whatever it is other one from AT Pro/Gold.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice review, thanks for posting. Be sure and keep the headphone button facing the detector swing side. It's highly sensitive and a great detector.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
You covered the advantages of the MAX nicely!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions