Initial Observations on the ATMax

Kenkoehn1950

Jan 18, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT, ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I received my AT Max, it came packaged in original condition, but when I went to pair headphones with machine, it was already done....h-m-m....my question was and still is, did I get a unit that was returned and re-sent? Once, I assembled the machine, I had to get out and try it. My first time out was rather disappointing....the coupling between the headphones and machine would go in and out, but as the usage has increased the problem seems to be going way. I also started noticing less audible targets, until I knew something wasn’t quite right. Checked my settings and ground balancing and everything seemed to check out. I tossed a quarter onto the ground and swept over it and received no signal??? Started checking my connections, and discovered that my coil connection was not seated all the way. Took the coupling off, re-seated it and tightened it and ouila! Several things I love about the AT Max is the recovery speed, the volume control, the additional depth, and most of all, the cordless headphones. I have both the AT Pro and the AT Max and prefer the pro zero on both machines. The audio signal gives off separate distinct sounds for low, medium, and high conductivity. The ground here in Denver is highly mineralized and when I ground balance on auto, I get a reading of 93. So, I believe I’m losing some depth. I really envy those folks back east where history is older and ground not as mineralized.....

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All units come pre-paired with the headphones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
They are paired for quality control.

OP
OP
K

Kenkoehn1950

Jan 18, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT, ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info on pairing! I saw where there were instructions on how to pair, so I assumed it hadn’t been done yet....

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of tips - wear the headphones with the button/light on the same side as your detector. Use a little threshold so you will know if you drop connection. And the coil connection seating is very important, if your connection loosens, your detector can get very erratic. a quick tighten on the connector solves the problem.

I used mine for the second time this weekend in a seeded competition hunt. Headphones worked flawlessly!
atmaxfinds.jpg
Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread