GARRETT AT pro help

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bought a at pro about two months ago, it had been doing fine ,never in the water or banged around but now every time i go to use it it gos crazy when i turn it on , all the sounds are chirppen and beeping at once and the screen numbers is going crazy as well ,the numbers are going through the stages at lighting speed while its doing this ,the only way to stop it is turn it off and on about 10 times and then it seems to work. and this is all done outside . now im afraid to use it because i dont know if its working right or not. any body else had trouble like this. sure would like to have some feedback.thanks.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you live by a cell tower ? Turn your sensitivity down . Take it to another location and use it .

OP
OP
S

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No cell towers, and it just started this , turning things up or down dosent help, it just keeps doing it even held straight up in the air.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m sure no expert but I’d disconnect the coil and check for broken connectors, change the batteries and check the coil wire for any breaks. Ground balance, switch frequencies and turn your sensitivity way down. Run through the modes. If none of those help I’d say you have a broken coil or a bad control unit. Hope it’s a simple fix.
HH
dts

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make sure the coil wire is snug around the shaft right above the coil. Sometimes your detector will start sounding like a coin slot machine because it will pick up its own wire.

If that doesn't work disconnect your coil wire from the control box and see if it still makes all the noises. This will help determine if it is the control box or the coil.

Then lastly, try to reset it and see if that works.

Good luck.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Press and hold the on button to do a factory reset.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you bought your ATP new you have a two year warranty . Call customer service at garrett and they will exchange coils . If that does not do the trick you will have to send the control box in . It happens and garrett has great customer service .

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do a factory reset first by holding the power button on until you hear a double beep. Also check that the coil is still connected properly. If it still happens, give Garrett a call.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
S

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok guys thanks, seems its working ok now i did all of the above .reset, checked and cleaned connections ,new batterys, wrapped the cord better not sure which helped but thanks a bunch.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your coil could be going bad that's what mine did when the coil went bad

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Factory reset. Check all connections. Change batteries. If none of this helps call Garrett and they will get you fixed right up.

Sent from my XT1585 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Ok guys thanks, seems its working ok now i did all of the above .reset, checked and cleaned connections ,new batterys, wrapped the cord better not sure which helped but thanks a bunch.

Glad it worked out well for you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread