Home made ATP upper shaft

twisttop

Jan 22, 2014
Eastern Wa. State
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher Goldbug, Whites coinmaster pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My winter homemade upgrade to the upper shaft on my ATP. Have not tried it yet, but it feels good. With the original setup I found it hard to see the VDI display so I angled this one down slightly more. Pretty easy to do with the right tools. Maybe the straight shaft will help the fatigue in my arms. I wondered why someone isn't selling these online. Less than $3 for the aluminum tubing. I will let you know how well it works next week, weather permitting. IMG_1005.JPG
IMG_1002.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1003.JPG
    IMG_1003.JPG
    872.7 KB · Views: 87

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Excellent job. I like how you mounted the headphone jack. There's lots of good talent on this forum.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
T

twisttop

Jan 22, 2014
Eastern Wa. State
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher Goldbug, Whites coinmaster pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I use an adapter that plugs into it to allow me to use small ear buds instead of headphones. I think the location will be just about right when I set the detector down for the length of my ear bud cord. I bought the bicycle grip thinking it would work, but may put the original foam grip on instead. I will try it with the grip first.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice piece of engineering! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions